Days End

Name
Les
Edit My Images
No
One from March and a trip into Norfolk this one was at Brancaster Staithes towards the days end, fishing boat moored ready and waiting for another day.
The day was full of rain and heavy cloud but an hour or so before sunset there was some sunlight and this is the end of it.

Thanks as always for looking, Les F

Days-End_4218.jpg

Imho, it is fantastic. Quite dreamlike and menacing in one way, but then warm in another. As the eye exploes the image, i like how I stumbled upon the 2 or 3 other boats top right. I'd be proud if i produced this.

Issey I really like this...(y)

It's great the way you've captured the sun down down, lighting up the water & also the random reflexions on the water from light beams, but best of all, the way the eye is drawn to the distant sand bank with the small boats on it.

I can't put my finger on it. :thinking: Is it the calm before the storm or the calm after the storm?

I've enjoyed studying your image. Well done...:clap:

That is stunning!!
Hdr?

Thanks everybody glad you like it, thought about seeking it in the comp this month but the boat and water may not be quite urban enough.
Yes vecsri it is HDR but only enough to bring the detail out to the left and the right and Mike it was the calm after the storm.

Les F

this is one of the few images i've seen where the HDR is used effectively without being obvious.
really good shot and a lesson to anyone that waiting for the shot is a good lesson learned :)

i love the triangle formed by the mooring rope/reflection.
the three boats on the sandbank being nicely spaced to the foreground boat.
the sun rays bursting through...

I really like this image.

Great shot, I love that sky...

Lovely stuff. :clap: You have recovered detail but also left it "dark" overall which is to your credit.

(y)

Really nice. Like the splash of colour in the middle (boat and sunset) getting darker to the edges.

Great shot.

why do people scoff over the use of HDR, when used correctly the results can be stunning...this being an example. (y)

Back