DBX files

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.

I am trying to search for my DBX folder, this is a folder that contains all my emails . I have done a search but nothing comes up, i know its hidden deep with in the programs but i just cannot find it.

any ideas where it is stored?.

If you show all files and folders - in the view menu... (Tools - view files and folders)

Then in search - type *.*dbx and all should be well...

Or you could just export your emails as a .pst in outlook. That creates a backup of your mail too..

Hi Kinobe.
Thanks for that, i found the folder via your first suggestion, i have copied the emails into another folder named it and placed it on my external hard drive for the future. I noticed it did not save the address book, is there a different approach to do this? or is it auto saved ?.

Also how do i use your export email suggestion.

Thanks for your time..

If you show all files and folders - in the view menu... (Tools - view files and folders)

Then in search - type *.*dbx and all should be well...

Or you could just export your emails as a .pst in outlook. That creates a backup of your mail too..

You will find it beneficial to permanently move the folder to another (fixed) drive away from the C drive. Loss of your OS will then not lead to the loss of all your emails. Tools > Options > Maintenance > Store Folder. This also tells you where it is currently located.

Address book is located C:\Documents and Settings\*User name*\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book

It's the WAB file with your name or whatever on it. Just copy it somewhere.

Back