Dealing with HDEW or Panamoz....

Name
Morgan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello

Having just found this forum I am pleasantly surprised at the love given to the two noted dealers :)

I have typically dealt with Jessops or JL in the past. Whilst having good enough service and support, if and when needed, the potential for cost savings can't be ignored when thinking about buying a D500 and 16-80mm lens.
If I understand what I have read in this forum HDEW seem to already have the stock in the UK and so it ships from there. With Panamoz you will take delivery of the item from HK, typically.
The D500 kit seems to be around £150 cheaper at Panamoz than HDEW, but both are considerably cheaper than the almost identical prices from typical UK retailers.
I did give HDEW a ring, always nice to talk, and got some assurances about their service - not having used them before, or Panomoz. I have tried to ring Panamoz over the last few days, and left my contact number on their messaging service, but have not had a response from them as yet.
After the chat with HDEW, the phone was answered quickly and I did feel assured, it did make me wonder if that should be reason enough to spend another £150 or so as both companies do seem to offer good service when selling cameras and other equipment. Also, perhaps just as importantly, good after sales support.
I was also impressed that the person I spoke to at HDEW told me that the first year warranty would be with Nikon themselves, via HDEW and that the remaining two years with HDEW. I was also told that the warranty is with the initial purchaser only, I assume that would be the same at Panomoz...?
I just feel a little concerned about the lack of a returned call from Panamoz, but understand that not all companies are setup to deal with such enquiries over the phone - even if they do advertise their number.
So for those who have recently used these companies would the thoughts be that they are both equally as good with what they offer...?

As well as the above being my "first" I could also be using MPB, rather than Jessops, to sell my kit to. They do seem to offer the better price over that of Wex or Jessops. I take it that apart from selling private, would sooner avoid eBay, MPB are pretty well respected...?

Thanks for any advice

Haven’t used hdew but have used Panamoz 3 times.... 1 camera and 2 lens. Sale went through very easily with all of them and haven’t had the need to use warranty but know somebody who did and it was dealt with very quickly. I would highly recommend them although I do know somebody who used hdew with no problems.

@gerry s thanks for the reassurance, most appreciated. Good to know that all went well for you.
I had sent them a pre purchase enquiry by email a while ago, waiting for their reply as yet.

@GreenNinja67 hopefully flashp might care to comment, thanks for the consideration.

I’ve used both Hdew and Panamoz both without problems. I had no difficulty speaking with Tina who was the sales rep for Panamoz. Both companies offer good service.

@Maggie52 Thanks for your upvote of confidence in those two companies. New territory for me for sure, but good to read of other people's success.

Maybe Tina will get back to me, I would feel a little better to get a returned call or email with a pre purchase enquiry before spending a large amount of money.

I've not used hdew but have used panamoz on several occasions , they've even price matched other companies and have always delivered quickly with a tracking number that lets you see where your purchase has got to ..would definitely recommend them .

@springer - Many thanks to you also. It does continue to reinforce a little confidence when I'm thinking about spending that much money with them to read of successes like yours.

I’ve used both Hdew and Panamoz. Had a good experience with both.

Panamoz ships directly from Hong Kong.
Hdew ships from their UK base so less chance of duties issues.

@ecoleman

I can only imagine that any potential custom issues would be resolved with the assistance of Panamoz, if needed.

Perhaps that is why you pay that extra noted from HDEW, as their stock is already UK based.?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

The D500 thread has at least 6/ owners who all bought from Pan with no hassles, myself included.....

@Hertsman Thanks I have found the thread now.
I have also had a positive reply back from Tina.
As my other questions would be more appropriate to threads like the D500 one I will not note them here.

I do feel more confident in using Pan and thanks again to those who offered that reassurance.

I bought a D500 from Panamoz a couple of months back and can say that it was a painless transaction. I needed to add another battery after placing my order and was dealt with and included in my package with no hassle at all.

Certainly buy from them again.

I recently bought my d750 from Panamoz and got an email saying it was delayed, and as way of apology got a wee discount offered and an explanation why it was delayed ( no boxes ) and would I be prepared to accept a box with a kit lens to get it on time
I accepted the different box, got the discount, got quick delivery and most important got feedback on the situation with honest updates of their situation. I'd say they are better than most uk suppliers and forcing them to up their game. I'd recomend them in a heartbeat

Meant to add this is the third time I've dealt with them and always found them great to deal with

Thanks again to all who replied :)
It seems that if you wish to use the two mentioned stores then you are more than fine with their products and service. That is very reassuring.

I have chosen and bought my replacement for the 80D, which is boxed up now ready to send to MPB and it isn't a D500 either...!

Indeed it has been excellent advice. Even tho I did a u turn and ended up going mirrorless with a A6500.....!

Back