Dear Film & Conventional...

Name
Danny
Edit My Images
No
Without wanting to purposefully disregard other sections of the forum, I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone in the f&c forum for so much help this past year. Even without knowing, you've ALL been a part of furthering my own photography, inspiring me, and entertaining me!

Offers of help, lending me gear, trying to force the lending of gear upon me (mart and his damned stunning LF!!), has meant alot to me. So thank you all!

I wish you all a very happy New Year, with wealth and happiness to you and your families.

Kindest Regards

Danny

Without wanting to purposefully disregard other sections of the forum, I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone in the f&c forum for so much help this past year. Even without knowing, you've ALL been a part of furthering my own photography, inspiring me, and entertaining me!

Offers of help, lending me gear, trying to force the lending of gear upon me (mart and his damned stunning LF!!), has meant alot to me. So thank you all!

I wish you all a very happy New Year, with wealth and happiness to you and your families.

Kindest Regards

Danny

I agree wholeheartedly but doubt the wealth will be involved although there is a great deal of happiness derived from still using film. (y)

It's the best thing about TP! Happy new year all and thanks for all of the advice and understanding.

A happy and healthy new year to you and yours..

EdBray said:
I agree wholeheartedly but doubt the wealth will be involved although there is a great deal of happiness derived from still using film. (y)

Lol, you mean spunking loads of money on redundant, second/third/forth hand equipment, and film, won't improve wealth??? Damn I've got it so wrong!! Lol

Have a great one guys!!

Happy New Year Everyone, i pretty much want to echo what Danny said and thank everyone in what is my favorite section of the forum :)

Thanks guys and have a good one

Rob

Lol, you mean spunking loads of money on redundant, second/third/forth hand equipment, and film, won't improve wealth??? Damn I've got it so wrong!! Lol

Have a great one guys!!

I would hate to count up how much I have spent on all the Pentax & Olympus (17 in total 5 of which have been CLAd) film bodies plus two sets of lenses (PK & OM plus a single M42).

Thanks to all in the F&C forum and a very happy new year to all. I take inspiration and ideas from all that contribute, thank you all
Cheers,
Mart

I too would like to add my best wishes to everyone here for a healthy and happy New Year.

With my regards,

Carl.

Well - as I'm "on the staff" I know I shouldn't really play favourites, but I can't help it - I may not have spent enough time shooting film this year, but this is still the place I choose to hang out... rest of the forum, I'm usually "on duty" but at least in here it's (generally) relatively civilised - if a little funky smelling ;)

So - Wishing everyone in here everything that you'd wish for yourselves - and If not before I'll see you all next year :)

I blame mark for corrupting me , and putting temptation in my way - at the start of this year the only film cameras I had were an Eos 30E left over from pre digital days , and a mamiya 645 - Now Ive got a holga, a holga pan pin hole thing, and I found myself tonight bidding on a little rollie TLR and a Practika range finder (sigh - the wrath of swimbo approaches once more)

may much more corruiption cross our paths (cheaply) in 2012

Happy new year to you all too - I've had a blast discovering film this year and with a little un on the way soon, it'll be nice to have some more traditional memories for them :) Thanks for all the help and advice peeps!

TheBigYin said:
Well - as I'm "on the staff" I know I shouldn't really play favourites, but I can't help it - I may not have spent enough time shooting film this year, but this is still the place I choose to hang out... rest of the forum, I'm usually "on duty" but at least in here it's (generally) relatively civilised - if a little funky smelling ;)

So - Wishing everyone in here everything that you'd wish for yourselves - and If not before I'll see you all next year :)

You mean putting a dab of fix on before going out on the pull is what has been putting the birds off?

Hey, you can always play the 'I'm a deep artiste' card when they ask why you smell so odd. ;)

And Happy New Year to F&C, by far my favourite section on this site! Since it's NYE I'll go out and do some drunktography with the Hexar, should come up with some interesting results!

I'm heading out to bring the new year in with a few rolls of landscape. I've never shot landscape photography before so I don't expect anything amazing, but it's cracking on with my new years resolution of shooting more often and expanding my creative outlets :) I've got film to burn baby!!!

And besides, my misses is still recovering in bed lol

Anyone fancy doing a 52 project or something similar on film this year? Now that i have a 4x5 im thinking of doing one with this.

walsh said:
Anyone fancy doing a 52 project or something similar on film this year? Now that i have a 4x5 im thinking of doing one with this.

I'm in!

Happy new year everyone:)

I might do - but as i dont develop my own it would be one frame a week for 36 weeks (or ten weeks if i shot it on 120) then put the pictures up

this will get lost in this thread.

I might be up for a 52 :)

Maybe start a new thread, as there are a few interested ?

I'm in, weeks 1's photos from me are in the other film forum ;)
Another thread is defiantly called for.

Mart

bugger - good point

I'd conflated two bids - it was a practika slr with 50mm , but I was also bidding on a range finder - sadly i didnt get either of them.

the rolliecord auction ends tonight - so we shall see about that one

Back