Debut for world's fastest camera

Name
Fred Dawson LRPS
Edit My Images
Yes
BBC reports The fastest imaging system ever devised has been demonstrated by researchers reporting in the journal Nature.

Their camera snaps images less than a half a billionth of a second long, capturing over six million of them in a second continuously.

What iso setting did they use?? ;) :D
Lots of lights probably. My wife (who works in the film industry) had a visit to Kino Flo recently where they shown some astonishingly powerful lights for high speed filming.

BBC reports The fastest imaging system ever devised has been demonstrated by researchers reporting in the journal Nature.

Their camera snaps images less than a half a billionth of a second long, capturing over six million of them in a second continuously.

so do you think they can get a picture of a woman with her mouth shut then ???:LOL:

so do you think they can get a picture of a woman with her mouth shut then ???:LOL:

Go now quickly while you still have legs and other bits attached
:)

How long do you think it will be before that kind of fps is avaliable on entry level DSLRs?:thinking: I'm asking because I'm tempted by the a900, but if I only have to wait a century or two for it to filter down to entry level cameras, then I might wait a while..........

How long do you think it will be before that kind of fps is avaliable on entry level DSLRs?:thinking: I'm asking because I'm tempted by the a900, but if I only have to wait a century or two for it to filter down to entry level cameras, then I might wait a while..........

:plus1: I'm interested in this also. The day to day applications of this would be limitless :LOL:

It won't be that long I suspect, Casio already has a compact that does something like 30fps, it'll soom migrate to the DSLR's if theres a demand. The only thing I'm worried about is post processing 6 million shots of the cake cutting!
Wayne

The only thing I'm worried about is post processing 6 million shots of the cake cutting!
Now that is actually funny - given the numbers of talentless clumsy oafs that think having a 'better' camera makes them a 'better' photographer! :LOL:

There is a HD video cam out there that does 1000fps for $9,000. I'd settle for images that are 1920 x 1080 :D

I have already used a camera which does 500fps and another at 16,000 fps.

It won't be that long I suspect, Casio already has a compact that does something like 30fps, it'll soom migrate to the DSLR's if theres a demand. The only thing I'm worried about is post processing 6 million shots of the cake cutting!
Wayne
http://www.casio.co.uk/Products/Digital Cameras/Exilim High Speed/

I think the top one does 60FPS stills - and 1200FPS movie mode (not in HD though).

Not a patch on 2,000,000,000FPS though. Add a few billion more FPS and it'll be able to microwave the operator at the same time.

They must have a massive aperture! or maybe they are shooting on the Sun:LOL:

Back