December gulls

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Yes, it's gulls again.
Must be here way too often. Well, got no subject that'd be more fun to take photos of on a short break I took on the 16th this month.

Here they are then:

1. Watch out!
dsc7387cropsmalljpgbk3.jpg

2. Show off...
dsc7388cropsmalljpgco8.jpg

3. In B&W (totally rubbish background)
dsc7409cropsmallbwjpggx3.jpg

4. Tired in flight
dsc7411smalljpgbj5.jpg

5. Up and away!
dsc7412smalljpgxe3.jpg

6. A naturally white background
dsc7467cropsmalljpgde3.jpg

7. Lunch time
dsc7482hfsmalljpgvg9.jpg

8. V for the wings
dsc7521cropsmallbwjpgwh6.jpg

9. Take off!
dsc7573cropsmalljpghu6.jpg

I hope these haven't bored you to death.
If they have, we'll sort it in afterlife, if there is any ;)

Comments and crits are welcome.
And I do realise there's some noise in most of them. I happened to prefer to keep the details.

Hmm, just got above a thousand posts. The first one who'll point out that I have been spamming shall get shot with a peanut.

Spammer!! (ducks to avoid peanut):LOL:

Nice series of shots there mate, 1 (shame the bird at the base of the frame is cropped though), 6 & 9 for me (the new craze of skimming gulls instead of stones is sure to take off - no pun intended :LOL:) they're not at all easy to photograph are they!
Nicely done (y)

some nice flight shots there, not always that easy to capture 2 + 9 for me.

Thanks guys :D

One tip for D50 owners:
if you can get a bird in flight in focus if you use AF, make sure you use AF-C (of course) and closest subject AF area. It helps if your D50 catches too much of the background or pretty much anything behind your bird. Just make sure there's nothing between you and the bird the camera could focus on. Else try Single area AF or Dynamic area AF (prediction of movement of this one is somewhat unpredictable and not very reliable, at least on my camera).

Spammer!! (ducks to avoid peanut):LOL:

Nice series of shots there mate, 1 (shame the bird at the base of the frame is cropped though), 6 & 9 for me (the new craze of skimming gulls instead of stones is sure to take off - no pun intended :LOL:) they're not at all easy to photograph are they!
Nicely done (y)

Yeah, i didn't even know I got the other one in frame at that time :p

Swallows are more difficult by quite a bit, they're probably twice as fast sometimes, sometimes even more, I'd say. Often impossible to keep them in the viewfinder, because they keep changing directions randomly and really quickly.

Back