Decent Tripod for £60-£80

PMK

Edit My Images
No
Hi there

I was going to do a search on this first, but seems the search function is temporarily down.

I am wanting a decent tripod that will not set me back more than £80. It is for general use (portrait, landscape) so a good variation in height is a must.

Sturdy and lightweight is desirable, but I know I can't expect too much with my price limit.

Any suggestions? thanks in advance

Don't know if it fits your bill but Jessops are doing a carbon fibre at £79.

Link

Jessops were doing a Verblon Sherpa range, I got the 600R for under £30, it usually retails at over £100. I dont know if there are any left anywhere but worth a look.

Before I got that one I was going to buy the Slik Sprint Pro II or the entry level redsnapper.

I had that redsnapper. It was superb and the build quality is awesome but it is big and heavy. I ended up trading up to a giottos vitruvian (not the CF one- its bloody expensive!) and it meant I had a tripod and a monopod with ball head that I could actually carry and use.

That's a tempting deal in that link.
I've never heard anything bad about Redsnapper and will bear them in mind if I ever need another tripod (currently got Manfrotto)

I also have a redsnapper,they are awesome.:)(y)

Another vote for redsnapper, although it maybe just me but i can't seem to figure out how to do the bag up with the head on it along with the handles as well, seems it sticks out too far to get the zipper up over it.

Redsnapper gets my vote, great value for money, maybe a bit harder to lug around compared to others but still very well built

Glad i looked at this post now. Have just ordered one for myself as i am currently borrowing an old Velbon Victory 550 off my mate. Can't wait to use it now.

Thom is a pretentious snob... if it doesn't say Nikon, Gitzo, or Manfrotto on the label, it's junk according to his highness. Oh, he's got some sense in what he says but I take him as serious as Ken Rockwell. Its amazing how many live and breathe by his word and totally believe you have to spend $1000 to get a good tripod and of course they quote/link him in tripod threads through photo forums everywhere to prove "bythom" he's right. lol

Another vote for redsnapper, although it maybe just me but i can't seem to figure out how to do the bag up with the head on it along with the handles as well, seems it sticks out too far to get the zipper up over it.

I leave one handle sticking out :D

You could just unscrew it & put it in the internal pocket while in transport (y)

Thats exactly what I did! I thought to myself I can't be the only one doing this...thankfully i'm not!!!

Nice one, just purchased this just now!:cool:

Glad to be of service, you WON'T be disappointed. the bag is the most comfortable I've ever used, your barely know the tripod is there. As mentioned above you do need to remove one handle or have it sticking out of the zip, but a minor issue for a great pod!

Redsnapper for me too.

I got a Velbon Sherpa 750R in the Jessops deal for £27 down from about £99 I think? Good bargain, if they were both same price I would certainly pick the Redsnapper though

I got a pro fancier from ebay delivered from HK for less than £40, has bag and ball head with qr plate.read lots of good reports around about it before buying, allegedly its a manfrotto copy, only negative is the leg clips are plastic not metal. check ebay for Pro FANCIER FT-6662A

Hi,
what is the minimum and maximum height of the redsnapper?

TIA
Texy

Hi,
what is the minimum and maximum height of the redsnapper?

TIA
Texy

RS-283 specs:
Max. height - 1600mm (column extended)
Max. height - 1345mm (column not extended)
Min. height - 290mm
Min. height(column reversed)- 0mm
Folded length 620mm
Tube dia. - 28mm
Weight - 1970g
Max Load - 8kg

for the record I am a redsnapper'er too, amazing bit of kit for the money

Dude go to Redsnapper they are brilliant tripods for the money, easy to order and very quick delivery

Back