Decisions!

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
OK people, the little Leica Mini has had it's chance, and though the pictures were OK it really is just a compact camera with autofocus - nothing else. So, I need to decide on a little compact to put a roll of colour film in and leave in my pocket... it's come down to Olympus and Pentax, either the Espio 115M or the Olympus iS-200. Pentax is a neat little 38-115mm zoom compact, while the Oly is a bridge-type 28-110 zoom slr. I like it because it's more versatile - but the Pentax is what they had in mind when they coined the "Compact Camera" phrase... it will fit in any pocket while the Oly would need a big coat!

Tough call, right now I am thinking Pentax but I keep looking at the Oly and it is a nice-looking camera - thing is that I do have the F90x in the bag so do I need another film slr when I have the neat little Pentax ready to go?

Opinions anyone?

Arthur

Stick with the compact Arthur, you'll end up leaving the bridge at home or worse still always having to take a bag with you just to lug around the camera. If it doesn't fit in your top pocket it's too big!

This is true, and one of the main reasons that the Pentax is winning... but the Oly has that hoooge big lens up front and...

This is true, and one of the main reasons that the Pentax is winning... but the Oly has that hoooge big lens up front and...

But you've got plenty of cameras you can put a big lens on, the compact is perfect when you don't want to carry something too big/obvious/valuable.

Anyway, you already have a Minox, what's wrong with that? Apart from the fact that I've got it :)

True, true - and true again :D

Maybe I'll just go and get some new batteries for the Pentax then!

Arthur

I'm using my Dads Olympus XA as my pocket camera now, I love the wide angle lens and can see why it was his all time favourite camera, it was the one he always returned too after all the others with its proper range finder and being totally pocketable its brilliant.

Hmm. I have a Canon MC here (same as the XA really) but no zoom and the flash makes it a bit long for a pocket. To be honest, I even initially thought about using one of the halfs for this but the Pentax is smaller than most of those (the two Agats being the exceptions but they are too basic).

Unbelievably, the Pentax batteries I ordered yesterday afternoon have just dropped through the door!!

Arthur

Back