Dedicated 35mm scanner recommendations

Name
Danny
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

As I don't need anything for medium format now I'm looking to exchange my V500 for a dedicated 35mm scanner.

How are the plustek models?

Was hoping to spend no more than £150 new, or less used obviously.

I have vuescan so software isn't an issue.

Many thanks

Dan

I just checked and even the lowest Plustek doesn't retail for that little. I think the best thing to do is to see what results you get out of the V500, maybe send the negatives to someone with a Plustek and decide for yourself if the results are worth the splurge.

(I realised you guys may have done this already in the scanner thread, I haven't been keeping an eye on it so if so apologies)

I use a canoscan 8800F Danny which is pretty good, will do 35mm and 120 if you did need it.

I was looking at changing for a LF scanner ( although with recent persnal events, I might no longer need it!)....just out of curiosity what maximum neg size can the V500 handle?

just out of curiosity what maximum neg size can the V500 handle?

It does up to 6x12cm, i wish it did 6x14 as then i could do 2 frames at once, tempted to "adjust" a holder if i can find a spare one at a good price

It does up to 6x12cm, i wish it did 6x14 as then i could do 2 frames at once, tempted to "adjust" a holder if i can find a spare one at a good price
And once more, we're back to:
I discussed my scanner holder for 120 film before in the thread here with the details for calibration a few posts down.

A picture of it is in this post.

You can't use the full length of the bed on the v500, but you can use most of it - I can comfortably scan 4 645 negs at a go, so that's at least 18cm of useable scanning. It may even do a full 22cm to give three 6x7 negs ;)

Total cost was less than a tenner plus a bit of time to make up.

Back