Deep Secret

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
The last of my Deep Secret bloom for the year...

10057841814_5823aadc07_h_d.jpg

Yeah mate, big thumbs up from me. The red really pops and water droplets are always great on flowers.

Thanks everyone. I'm really pleased with this shot. :)

OMG. Envy overload :)

Fabulous quality photogragh.

Gaz

The last of my Deep Secret bloom for the year...

10057841814_5823aadc07_h_d.jpg

rr by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

its just right of the point of interest...a 1/3 is just an approximation
and the line of the leaf...if softened...would eliminate that geometric hard line against the softness and beauty of the rose
your picked your shot well, weather wise and light wise

cheers
geoff

Last edited:
Beautiful detail and colour in the rose. I love the variation in the red tones, particularly the way the petal edges are outlined.

Highlights in the background are distracting and pull the eye away a bit from the focal point. I'd do something with it in PP.

Would have also been worth pulling that leaf on the top right out of the way I think.

Beautiful detail and colour in the rose. I love the variation in the red tones, particularly the way the petal edges are outlined.

Highlights in the background are distracting and pull the eye away a bit from the focal point. I'd do something with it in PP.

Would have also been worth pulling that leaf on the top right out of the way I think.

(y)

that was my take as well...i like the leaf to stay in though...it looks as if it is drip feeding the rose

cheers
geoff

Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone. :)
I will review what settings I used and post an update.
I'm also going to look at the proposed improvements and post an updated attempt soon!

I love this. The rose is wonderful. The only things I would change would be to clone out the bright spots (they are slightly distracting) and maybe crop a very tiny bit from the left.

***Updated images on page 2***

Settings and adjustments (via LR) are as follows:
ISO 200
50mm
f/3.5
1/60th sec
Flash fired, auto mode
ExposureMode - Auto
White Balance - Auto

Sharpening:
Amount +150
Radius +1.2
Detail +25
Edge masking +13

Noise Reduction:
Luminance +75
Detail +50

Crop.

(y)

Last edited:
Excellent shot - only critique for me as already mentioned is the clarity of the green leaf (top right) - thats only a minor niggle for me though - otherwise very impressive shot (y)

Hi all,
Here are a couple of edits, removing the highlights on the leaves and a crop too.

10331821916_b1585662c0_h_d.jpg

10331981123_22fe37118f_h_d.jpg

Settings and adjustments (via LR) are as follows:
ISO 200
50mm
f/3.5
1/60th sec
Flash fired, auto mode
ExposureMode - Auto
White Balance - Auto

Sharpening:
Amount +150