DELETED IMAGES

KRO

Name
keith
Edit My Images
No
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help / advise please, I stupidly managed to delete a number of images when trying to download them from my CF memory card to my tablet..Doh
Is it possible to retrieve them at all ?
Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section and thanks for any advice..

OK i'll give it a try...many thanks for your replies

hey guy's thankyou so much, once I twigged how to use recuva..after a few attempts, brilliant..how amazing to see 109 images re appear having thought they were gone for ever..excellent

You are at it again. Resurrecting old threads about lost files. Are you trying to promote your own product?.
This all seems very fishy. A new member trawling historical files to promote a specific product.

You have been reported.

can you also explain why your last three posts have come from Indonesia, france and florida USA in the space of 4 days... i'd have thought you'd have been too jetlagged to post on a photo forum...

can you also explain why your last three posts have come from Indonesia, france and florida USA in the space of 4 days... i'd have thought you'd have been too jetlagged to post on a photo forum...
Could be a vpn client automatically connecting to the best available server be fair.

But yes the thread dredge are a bit fishy.

Searching out threads that are relevant to the reason you stumbled upon the site aren't as conspicuous as everyone is making out. Being new here seems to draw conspiracy theories lol.

maybe participation in a few other non-dormant threads or posting some of their own work might help...

or even dropping a quick note to the staff explaining why they're bouncing around the world using proxies (yes, we know, and SOME regular members do exactly that for perfectly valid reasons... we even had a staff member at one point that posted from Switzerland weekdays, when we knew they were sat in the middle of the city of london :) )

Searching out threads that are relevant to the reason you stumbled upon the site aren't as conspicuous as everyone is making out. Being new here seems to draw conspiracy theories lol.

Maybe, but we've had a couple lately of people bouncing up really old threads just to promote their products/business (or their 'friends'), plus huge spam attacks.
Generally we're pretty easy going, the usual is to report the post to the mods, but at other times sometimes a new member doesn't know the rules, or acceptable policy, so it's polite to point out you don't usually bulldoze straight in promoting a product as that looks suspicious. Start with introductions.... ;)

Maybe, but we've had a couple lately of people bouncing up really old threads just to promote their products/business (or their 'friends'), plus huge spam attacks.
Generally we're pretty easy going, the usual is to report the post to the mods, but at other times sometimes a new member doesn't know the rules, or acceptable policy, so it's polite to point out you don't usually bulldoze straight in promoting a product as that looks suspicious. Start with introductions.... ;)
I understand that, and have seen different types of early postings. I haven't seen this person promoting a product, have I missed that somewhere?

I understand that, and have seen different types of early postings. I haven't seen this person promoting a product, have I missed that somewhere?
A couple of times, it was more linked to dredging up old threads as well I think, find a thread that sort of fits what you want to promote to make it seem like an innocent posting.
Sometimes it is - sometimes it isn't, which is almost always why it's good to alert the mods to decide

yes you have.

2 posts out of 7 dredging up old threads, after 5 innocuous posts to allow them to post URL's in their reply, and linking to products via the same source location - cleverfiles...

couple that with the use of a location bouncing proxy and you can see why we're concerned and asking questions.

it's fair to say that if the STAFF are suspicious and asking questions of the member, then perhaps everyone should simply keep schtumm and let us resolve things one way or another.

Last edited:
Back