Deleting ALL data associated with software

Name
Ciaran
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a messy installation of AVG on my PC, along with a couple of other pieces of software, and prior to replacing them I wanted to get rid of all traces of them (to ensure I don't have two virus software suites competing with one another) but the AVG installation leaves registry entries and it is not completely "gone" from the system. I am happy going into the registry and swiping the keys but there is still some trace left of it as when I re-install AVG, it already had settings in place.

EDIT: Just found out that Wise, the registry cleaner, is another programme which has left traces at, upon reinstalling it, it has told me how long since I last performed a scan.

How can I completely eradicate its traces from my system?

Last edited:
Some companies have a utility you can download to completely remove their software so worth checking the vendors site to see if there is one.

Some programs seem to hide the settings in random places as well as the registry. You could check the hidden folders under AppData in the Users folder and of course anything in program files folders. Probably best to just change view settings to show hidden then search for the software name.

I didn't like wise when I used it try:

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Works for me once I have uninstalled a program. Worth running a couple of times as registry entries can be related, therefore cleaning up some redundant entries can lead to other redundant entries.

Back