Delkin Black CFexpress users?

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
Any Delkin Black CFexpress card users here? You might want to check your actual card capacity.

I just recently took delivery of a 256gb Type B 4.0 Delkin Black CFexpress card from Amazon (UK) for my Z8.

Popped it into the camera to format and noticed that the top LCD was telling me that I had space for 5.7K raw files. Well that looks high I thought and I popped the card into my reader to check capacity. Sure enough it’s reading as a 512gb card.

The card itself, like the packaging, is marked as 256gb. So my initial reaction was that I am onto a winner here, getting a factory mislabelled card for a bargain price.

Then I noticed that Amazon UK doesn’t list the 512gb version of the card. It lists 256gb, 325gb and 650gb. The max r/w speeds of the 256gb card I ordered are 3650mb/s and 3250mb/s.

In fact I struggled to find a 512gb version of the Delkin Black in stock anywhere, which made me think it had been discontinued. The seller on Amazon was actually Delkin Devices so I was happy that it wasn't a counterfeit card.

I sent an email to Delkin, along with images of the card and packaging. I got the following response.

Thank you for reaching out.

I can confirm that your card is legitimate by the image showing the laser etching on the reverse of the card, (thank you for sharing this).

Every now and again we will need to manufacture a certain capacity utilising a higher capacity in you case we were unable to supply 256GB 4.0 cards for a short amount of time so built the cards with a 512GB card, we will only do this a higher capacity so that customer get more than they were expecting.

I hope this helps.

So 512gb for the price of 256gb. A nice bonus!

I see, never seen this before. Looks like brand new line of CFe4.0 great find. Do you have the link to AmazonUK?
Lol, I've already checked. It's showing as currently unavailable.

I posted about this elsewhere and one guy said he had two DB 128gb cards, bought separately in different stores, and they were both double the advertised capacity. So maybe not that uncommon.

I bought a Delkin Black 256GB CF Express card yesterday. I’ve just put it into my card reader and mine is 476GB….bargain!

I have a Delikin Black 150GB card that is showing it is 165GB. Better than nothing though ironically I have no need for it now that I have sold my Canon R5 and gone to M43.

I
Lol, I've already checked. It's showing as currently unavailable.

I posted about this elsewhere and one guy said he had two DB 128gb cards, bought separately in different stores, and they were both double the advertised capacity. So maybe not that uncommon.
Do you have a part number for the 256Gb card? I'm in the market for an extra 256Gb card and I can't find a Delkin Black one anywhere online!

I found the part number by googling: ‎DCFX4B256

It seems it's been discontinued and no longer available anywhere. It's been superseded by the 325Gb version. Strange as it seems it was only released a few months ago...

I found the part number by googling: ‎DCFX4B256

It seems it's been discontinued and no longer available anywhere. It's been superseded by the 325Gb version. Strange as it seems it was only released a few months ago...
Interesting. They do seem to have revised their available capacities, the 512gb isn't available anywhere either. Could be another reason for my increased capacity, end of the line stuff.

Back