Dell All in One PC won't turn on

Dead processor equals dead pc.

When you push the button to start the PC it tells the processor to start up. The processor initialises POST or pre operating system tests. That's where the beeps come from, so if you've got no video for example the PC would beep to tell you.

As your pc is doing nothing it suggests that the 5v comes on causing the pop, but your processor never kicks into life.

Not my merc i'm afraid.. took that while on holiday in Palma.. My brother does have a 95 S class though, she's a big girl!! double glazed too..

PS.. new CPU ordered for £4.65.. just went for another i3, to get it up and running!! hopefully

Last edited:
Right, just changed the processor and it's still dead!! Grr, can i check anything with a meter or do anything before it gets binned!!

Adam where do you live ?
Chris...you're going to have to learn your way round this forum.

Get your alerts set up and use them. Then look in Adam's profile and you'll see he's from Belfast. Too far even for you!!!

What alerts ? I get emails and notifications when new messages or pm are recieved
Yes but you don't get informed when people mention you like this @ChrisH
A most useful feature in that you don't need to send PMS like the one about the camera case.

right, I am typing this on my dell.. Woo Hoo.. it was a bloody power cable to the DVD-RW drive GRRRRRR.. stupid bloody thing.. least it's going again.. phew.. anyone want a motherboard, power supply and i3 processor.. LOL

sure, im probably better keeping the newer ones as mine were 6 years old.. maybe try and sell the old ones now I know they work..

Yeah, to be fair, it's done ok.. It now has 8gb ram and a 256gb SSD, so it's great with the 23" screen too.. still another 6 years left in it!!!

Back