Dell U2211 IPS Monitor - Is it Faulty?? Please Help!!

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I have been having few issues calibrating my Monitor correctly over last few months.

I have been struggling to get consistent calibrating results.

When I checked the Screen in various areas it seems to have quite big differences in different areas. (See Photos below)

I understand they may shift colour/brightness a little bit near the edges of monitors but is this a bit much??

6013977577_b002d17a4c_z.jpg

6014523052_d890439638_z.jpg

6014528796_f69eaecfc7_z.jpg

6014525816_109a8c3b49_z.jpg

6013980321_f42b4187db_z.jpg

Does the ColorEyes software suggest you check different area's of the monitor.

I use a Spyder 2 and only the center of the screen is adjusted.

I've never tried it all over the screen.

No it doesnt state that.

But it just looks different in other areas so I tested it.

Wish you hadn't bought this subject up, you've got me staring at mine now ;)

I must admit it does look a little patchy but it has never been a problem.

There's a few discussions on the net about this, I've just found this bit of info..

Dell monitors do not have chromaticity uniformity specification. As long as the exact center point of any monitor meets x=0.313 and y=0.329 (6500K), it meets our specifications to the manufacturer. Dell does not have a "whole display" chromaticity uniformity specification. So, the center point may be 6500K, but the sides and corners may not which is why you may see that one side or corner is different than the others.

18%grey said:
There's a few discussions on the net about this, I've just found this bit of info..

Dell monitors do not have chromaticity uniformity specification. As long as the exact center point of any monitor meets x=0.313 and y=0.329 (6500K), it meets our specifications to the manufacturer. Dell does not have a "whole display" chromaticity uniformity specification. So, the center point may be 6500K, but the sides and corners may not which is why you may see that one side or corner is different than the others.

Sounds like if the Middle is ok the rest does not matter if it's not tooooooo bad!!

:( Thanks for finding that.

you'll find this with a fair few LCD's that the top for example is different from the bottom.

Back