Dell UltraSharp UP2516D

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
I am considering upgrading my monitor to a Dell Ultrasharp UP 2516D, I know its a good monitor for photo editing but what is it like for general office/surfng etc.
Would be grateful for any views from users that have experience with this monitor.

Following this as it sounds like a very high spec for modest money.

100% sRGB and aAdobe gamuts, these normally seen on the higher spec and expensive Eizo and NEC Spetraview screens.

However, reading more I see that to control the calibration one needs the xRite calibrator and the special Dell software. Oh, in my case not forgetting a new more up to date graphics card with suitable ports.

I await updates of folk using this one looks a good 'un :)

Set it up yesterday evening, so I haven't been able to use it for photo editing yet. But here are some first impressions.

I already had a Spyder5 calibration tool, so I can't use the built in calibration (which requires x-rite).

It's calibrated nicely with my portrait monitor, which is an older Ultrasharp without the extended colour gamut. Both look similar (although new one is much better in every way, especially sharper being higher resolution), but the extended gamut is noticeable on the UP2716D. Kind of makes me want to get the UP2516D for portrait.

The UP2716D replaced a U2715H (gone to my dad), so I was used to the quality of Ultrasharp monitors.

The screen looks great - really good for the price. No noticeable problems, but I'll try to come back and update when I've given it some more use.

One thing that's very useful. I use two PCs plugged into the same monitors. The UP2716D has two upwards USB 3 ports. So I can plug both computers into the monitor and share the USB 3 hub. This means I can leave the mouse/keyboard receiver plugged into the monitor and it works with whichever PC is turned on. Same goes for the webcam, and wacom tablet.

That's useful feedback Rich, thanks for taking the time to post. The multiple inputs sound very useful, good for switching between home PC and the work laptop,

Looking forward to hearing any further thoughts you may have after using it a little more.

Chris

Back