Demise of a Daddy longlegs

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I found this stuck in a spiders web so thought i'd tog it before it became a spiders dinner - may even get some shots of that later.

1 -
daddyl.jpg

2 -
daddyl1.jpg

3 -
daddyl2.jpg

4 -
daddyl3.jpg

These really need natural light - but thats in short supply to day so flash it is.

5 -
daddylwing.jpg

6 -
daddylwing1.jpg

Some of your best detailed shots I've seen I think Paul, stunning detail and light. :clap:

Oh Wow Paul, That's seriously close. It looks like the spider has been snacking already. Good shots (y)

Some of your best detailed shots I've seen I think Paul, stunning detail and light. :clap:

Thanks Alby - its a bit easier when they cant get away from you ;)

Oh Wow Paul, That's seriously close. It looks like the spider has been snacking already. Good shots (y)

Thanks John they were taken with the 105 & a full set of tubes.

great detail there (y) looks like he's been nibbled a bit already.
ugly buggers arent they :LOL:

Thanks Dave - they get uglier the closer you get

Nice macro work, lets see the spider eat it.

Thanks Mark - Hopefully it will finish it off tonight :puke:

Yeh...

Very impressive shots indeed, amazing detail. (y)

I have a wee newbie :D question though.

How do you guys get the background to these type of shots so dark?

impressive shots lovely detail and colours :)

Thanks Toothie :)

Yeh...

Very impressive shots indeed, amazing detail. (y)

I have a wee newbie :D question though.

How do you guys get the background to these type of shots so dark?

Thanks - The black background is caused by using flash with a small aperture and a high shutter speed - the 4th one was taken at f20 & 1/320 ISO 200, all the pictures have the exif data intact if you want the settings used on the others .

Oooh, competition for Alby :D Nice work (y)

Excellent detail Paul and stunningly close shots (y)

Steve

Last edited:
splendid detail and excellent lighting (y)

Oooh, competition for Alby :D Nice work (y)

Anyone happy enough to post macro isn't competition to me just a colleague of the branch of macro photographics and a welcome body in the brotherhood. I welcome all no matter how good or inexperienced they might be, all competition are challenged for the competition forum or at local club, national or international exhibitions. ;) :p

Those shots have blown me away....I hope one day i can produce something close to that quality

My god, sure you didn't attach an electron microscope to your camera? :LOL:
Those shots are amazing not in terms of it being that close up, but how you've got every little tiny detail on that fly.

Fantastic shots, superb detail. Didn't realise they were that ugly. :LOL:

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to comment and for all the positive comments :D(y) - its certainly a lot eaiser when the subjects not trying to fly / crawl or slither away.

Incredible detail in a fantastic set of shots. (y)(y)(y) Where are all the Daddy longlegs this year? - I've seen none and we usually have loads coming into the kitchen.

Brill, the eye detail in 1 and 3 is top notch.

Amazing detail. Great shots

Back