Denbigh Asylum

Edit My Images
Yes
hello. Im in to urban exploration and a few of us are thinking of going to Denbigh Asylum. I am aware there is a bloke named Elwyn who thinks he owns the place but he can't do anything as he will get in to serious trouble (he is still very threatening). Is it worth paying this place a visit as im also aware it is being turned in to flats and a lot of the areas are boarded up/secured?

derelictplaces.co.uk forum might give you better insight into whether its accessible. Bunch of nutters you urbanex's are! lol, looking forward to seeing some pics! :)

Thanks Carl. I only live down the road from you. Shrewsbury area :)

Yeah ile take a look of derelictplaces.co.uk

We might just go to high royds in leeds instead. Seems a little more accessible.

High Royds is flats now - nothing left to explore last I heard.

Hmmm - got me thinking about urbex again now - been a while - last place I did was Talgarth:)

Last edited:
High Royds is flats now - nothing left to explore last I heard.

Hmmm - got me thinking about urbex again now - been a while - last place I did was Talgarth:)

Damn! I wouldn't want to live in the flats, lol. Need to find somewhere to go exploring. Denbigh asylum is not easy to explore anymore as there doing building work/fences up.

It's still not exactly difficult though to be honest. Biggest issue with it is it's absolutely mullered these days.

Its the same with most places thee days - renovation into flats, security and demolishion. Even some of the derelict places near me have been tidied up ready for sale.

Where do you urban explorers hail from? I spend most of the year in Bangor, N.Wales if anyone is about? I'd be interested on getting in on this kind of thing!

Talgarth is still worth a look :) especially the admin building.

Got some cracking shots there a while back.
Self portrait.

5161242004_925b443d19_z.jpg

Eddzz!! said:
Where do you urban explorers hail from? I spend most of the year in Bangor, N.Wales if anyone is about? I'd be interested on getting in on this kind of thing!

I'm in Liverpool, I get about in north Wales quite a bit though.

It was reported in yesterday's paper that the works mentiond in this article have now been carried out, mention was also made of compulsory purchase order.

It hasn't made it to the website yet unfortuanetly.

Back