DeNoise vs DxO Deep Prime - batch processing

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
I already bought DeNoise, which is a shame because when I actually tested it for what I needed - it did not perform well. (I'm also a day or two over my 30 day refund, doh!)

I got it for when I need to do batch noise reduction on hundreds of event images.

DeNoise creates a tif for each image, which results in a file 5 times larger than the original RAW, it then takes 45 seconds to run an 'auto' NR on the file.

300 files would take about 4 hours using DeNoise, which just doesn't fit in with my time scale for turning around edits. I deliver most events start of day the following morning.

I loaded up a trial of DxO and applied DeepPRIME to an image, it took 6 seconds to export to JPG and 8 seconds to export to DNG - it would be far quicker to use this software to export to DNG for processing in Lightroom.

I might even consider it for processing events and leave out Lightroom altogether.

Now I haven't done a thorough comparison of the output, just that DeNoise takes too long and fills up the hard drive.

- my hardware

Nvidia 2080ti
Overclocked Ryzen 9 3900x 12-Core
32GB Ram
2TB Gigabyte AORUS M.2 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Last edited:
May worth you looking into (subscribing) this user forum for DxO Photolab

I also find DeNoise AI very slow for batch processing. Fortunately, I'm not in a rush but limit the patches to no more than ten images at a time or I lose the will to live :)

Back