Edit My Images
No
A few birds shots from the show last weekend:

Bald eagle:

CountyShow-31.jpg

CountyShow-32.jpg

In flight:

CountyShow-36.jpg

Peregrine Falcon (this was an absolute sod to catch, they're so damn fast!)

CountyShow-21.jpg

Sorry, can't remember the species of this eagle:

CountyShow-34.jpg

Great captures Nathan ... (y) ... the Peregrine is a stunner and so crisp ... :clap:

Would the last be a Harris Hawk .. :shrug:

:p

I agree, great shots, and that first one for me too.

Great captures Nathan ... (y) ... the Peregrine is a stunner and so crisp ... :clap:

Would the last be a Harris Hawk .. :shrug:

Thanks Ven.

No the guy definately said it was a type of Eagle. I remember him saying it was North African and had a short tail for an Eagle (something to do with eating snakes :LOL:).

Thanks for the other comments everyone. I have to admit that I came away early as I was having SUCH a hard time with my hayfever and I could hardly see towards the end.

The other pics are in the gallery on my website if you're interested.

OK, googled it and I think it's one of these: Terathopius ecaudatus (Bateleur Eagle)

Thanks Ven.

No the guy definately said it was a type of Eagle. I remember him saying it was North African and had a short tail for an Eagle (something to do with eating snakes :LOL:).

Hmmm ... :thinking: ... now I am intrigued ... :cautious: ... do you have any other images of this one ... :shrug:

:p

I love birds of prey - all I can say is Wow! particularly like the Harris hawk coming to fist, I seem to have seen this lad before, maybe at the Midland Game fair.

Nev

Fantastic BoP shots all in their own right!

The bald eagle looks so cheesed-off doesn't it!

To catch a peregrine in mid-flight is always a photographic feat as they are so fast and agile. What avaitors they are!

Back