Derbyshire

JPS

Edit My Images
Yes
Had another visit to the Hope Valley in the Peak District on Tuesday evening. The sun had been out all day - until I arrived then the clouds came by. It made for a few interesting shots though.

This first one is the Devils Arse, otherwise known as Peak Cavern, well this is the path leading to it anyway

Arse.jpg

If you turn around and face Castleton village, this is what you see

Castleton.jpg

This next one was taken further towards Winnats Pass looking back at Castleton. This is the one I like the clouds for, it produced a nice juxtaposition of the dark shadow area and the sunlit homes.

Village.jpg

Like the last one, would have been the second if it was'nt for the cars.Nice area.
Going there in July, looking forward to it even more now..

Last edited:
^^yeah^^
The cars and the mahoosive road sign kinda ruin the second one a bit.

#3 is my fave also but they're all good compositionaly

very nice - I was there last summer.

really like your pics, the composition of 1 is great, the scenery looks just a little flat for me, if you could lift it a bit? thanks for sharing this lovely area

Thanks, I didn't want to bring out too much of the green as the area was in shade anyway (being the side of a cliff face away from the sun). I did try with more colour and lightness, although it didn't seem to work. On my home machine the photo looks 'fine', here at work the photo looks dark and flat as you say - not sure which of these monitors is showing the 'correct' image though.

i read a tip on another thread because my pics always (maybe still do!!!!) looked a bit dark and lacking in contrast when i posted them, they said when saving them (in PhotoshopCS3) use the Save for Web & Devices, sorry if you know this! It helped with my pics though. (y)

I did read that the other day marko, probably the same thread you saw. I completely forgot about it though last night while I was processing these images. I'll give it a go next time. Thanks

A friend has just got back from a walking weekend in the same location, which I regret not going on with my camera. I regret that even more now - great photos! :)

Nice series, picturesque place Castleton & loads of photograph opportunities, some interesting landscape stuff just on the hills around Peverill castle too - 3rd one is my favourite.

simon

Last edited:
I just opened #1 is Photoshop and it looks much better. This is because the image is still in the Adobe RGB colour space whereas you need sRGB for internet (browser/monitor) use.

As Mark says you can use the Save to Web function however this strips out your EXIF data including any copyright information contained within it.

Nice set with first my fave (when seen properly!) (y)

Or have a look at it now, converted and tweaked slightly - which reveals a certain softness actually but is still a pleasing image! (y)

Arse.jpg

Back