Derelict Brickworks

Name
Rod
Edit My Images
Yes
Visited the Old Hammill Brickworks near Sandwich, Kent. Please feel free to offer your comments.

very old place...some more oomph on the hdr side would really put them in a different class
cheers
geof

the first few did nothing for me, but as I got to No 4 it got more interesting.
But for me, No 6 is the pick of the bunch. It's got a 70's feel to it with the chairs, old cabinet file and strip lighting. The PP you have done on it works really well.

mrtoad said:
very old place...some more oomph on the hdr side would really put them in a different class
cheers
geof

Many thanks, HDR divides opinion totally, I kept it quite low for this set having had some critical comment on other pics. I have posted.

Meeten said:
the first few did nothing for me, but as I got to No 4 it got more interesting.
But for me, No 6 is the pick of the bunch. It's got a 70's feel to it with the chairs, old cabinet file and strip lighting. The PP you have done on it works really well.

Many thanks, pleased you like the pp.

HDR a little bit too strong, better to tune down a bit to make it a little natural. just my opinion

Many thanks, HDR divides opinion totally, I kept it quite low for this set having had some critical comment on other pics. I have posted.

dont mind crit for over pp...i get it all the time
cheers
geof

and i will stick to it!!...if i think its what i want

I like the processing - HDR adds a dimension to the shots.

The converging verticals on #1 detract from the shot for me.

I like the relative simplicity of the petrol pump and no.6 kept me interested - lots going on and as I say, I like what the HDR has added (y)

Buck said:
I like the processing - HDR adds a dimension to the shots.

The converging verticals on #1 detract from the shot for me.

I like the relative simplicity of the petrol pump and no.6 kept me interested - lots going on and as I say, I like what the HDR has added (y)

Many thanks, the HDR pp has certainly split opinion, I like it for certain shots so will keep posting. Agree about nbr1 I should have used the transform perspective tool!!

love the photos

Dervish99 said:
Number 2 is the best of the bunch for me, i wouldnt go and further with the HDR IMHO, ther is enough to stop the images being flat, but not too much. Have you tried any of them in b&W?

Many thanks, not tried BW, will have a go if any good will post.

defo not what you saw on the day HDR has not done you any favours at all but it never has done anyone any favours anywhere tbh

Dave

I love the location - I'd love to visit - shame it's not quite so local to Essex :)

Corsa said:
defo not what you saw on the day HDR has not done you any favours at all but it never has done anyone any favours anywhere tbh

Dave

Was Dali's work what he saw on the day? experimentation is the mother of invention IMHO. Seven votes for the HDR

Last edited:
rodderstrotter said:
Was Dali's work what he saw on the day? experimentation is the mother of invention IMHO, I call HDR "photographic impressionism". Seven votes for the HDR, three against enough said!!!

If you dare......take a look at my last post, Horsted Keynes......it contains a HDR health warning.

Last edited:
Back