Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Came across this while out walking today C/C welcome

5526515468_e4df6e3d51_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

5526508152_71dc2e7de7_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Whilst #1 is a nice shot, #2 is a wonderful composition and is only let down by the blown sky in the top left corner. I also think it could do with a slight tweak in the levels.

thanks i like no1 best, like you say no 2 is let down by the sky

I'm all for converting the first one,second is a corker imo and I can live with the sky :cool:
Perhaps a border :thinking:

Wow! Nice find :D Two really good photographs too. I love the composition of no. 2!

Both good, think no.1 would prob look better in b&w, but no.2 does it for me - great composition!

Like em both. No2 particularly, did you try to recover the blown sky in 2 or was it beyond redemption?

I agree 1 would look amazing in mono with a little ps to add depth to the brick work.

thanks for the coments they or all wellcome and ive done no 1 in B/W hope u like

5529852428_5b27bbe5b6_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Like the others really like the second, particularly if you could burn a little sky detail in.

Very much prefer the B&W of the 1st pic more than the original, but love the 2nd picture composition, just a shame about the blown sky... maybe trying to rescue it in PS?

Its a place called pots and pans in Greenfield, near Oldham

It's actually just below Alderman Hill near a Hamlet called Tunstead.
Map OL1 map ref E401062 N404855. Fantastic walk! Good photo ops on top of Alderman Hill, the aforementioned Pots and Pans. Gets it's name (the rock) from the carved water collecting hollows.
Paul, do you live near there?
or did you get the walk from the internet?
Cheers. Baz.

Hi, Paul, I too like #2, very unusual.

I thought for a second you had the flash on and this caused the light top...

If you shot RAW I'm sure you could rescue the sky??

A curves adjust would improve contract/colour and perhaps twek shadoes/hightlights if you have PS.

Cheers.

It's actually just below Alderman Hill near a Hamlet called Tunstead.
Map OL1 map ref E401062 N404855. Fantastic walk! Good photo ops on top of Alderman Hill, the aforementioned Pots and Pans. Gets it's name (the rock) from the carved water collecting hollows.
Paul, do you live near there?
or did you get the walk from the internet?
Cheers. Baz.

hi i live in Stalybridge but was brought up near Greenfield so i know all around there, like you say there is some realy nice walks, indians head is the best one which i like, how do you know them

hi i live in Stalybridge but was brought up near Greenfield so i know all around there, like you say there is some realy nice walks, indians head is the best one which i like, how do you know them

Well it's been one of my fav walking areas for over 30 years. I live near Bury Lancs so just a quick nip down the M62 for me.
The Pots and Pans walk is one that I authored for WalkingWorld a walking site, and we walk, photo, describe and maintain the walk for members (and non-members) to buy and download.
I also did my MLTA to take/guide youngsters on the hills in the area, so know it intimately.
I have even taken a party or two through the tunnel at Ashway Gap up to the cascades at Holme Clough! I have also taken them caving (potholing) in the many holes in the rocks on the rim of Dean Rocks, and also down the Fairy Grotto on Alderman Hill (when down the bottom, turn your light off and the rocks 'tinkle'!)
There was a thread on here not long ago HERE. Have a ganders!

The 'Other' side of the same house! Hope you dont mind?

RuinAldermanHill.jpg

I prefer the 2nd. Don't care much about the sky. Just the hill and mountain.
Especially love the look through the windows. That's great.

Back