Derelict House

Name
Jenna
Edit My Images
Yes
I saw this whilst out walking at the weekend and couldn't resist a couple of shots, however the fence was really close to and impossible to get through/over/under. So, the first shot is a vertorama of 2 shots in landscape, then stitched.
The second shot is 4 shots in portrait stitched. I love the different angle/effect each one gives!

Abandoned House Vertorama - Trentham Gardens by Raven Photography by Jenna Goodwin, on Flickr

Abandoned House - Trentham Gardens by Raven Photography by Jenna Goodwin, on Flickr

Then of course, we went back one night to shoot the area and couldn't resist lighting it up! The first shot is a standard portrait shot, the second is a 2 shot vertorama again. We had to flash it twice in exactly the same place but I think it worked quite well! :)

Abandoned House lit up by Raven Photography by Jenna Goodwin, on Flickr.

Abandoned House lit up Vertorama by Raven Photography by Jenna Goodwin, on Flickr

That second shot is my fave but I think I would have cropped a bit more of the foreground away. Also the trees on the right look a bit soft so perhaps the shot would have benefited from a smaller aperture?

It feels like a shot from a wide/ultra wide lens :)

That second shot is my fave but I think I would have cropped a bit more of the foreground away. Also the trees on the right look a bit soft so perhaps the shot would have benefited from a smaller aperture?

It feels like a shot from a wide/ultra wide lens :)

Yeah agree about the smaller aperture but didn't have my remote and it was pitch black!

Not so keen on the comp or effects on the last two,think the first shot would be my choice.....although I'd be tempted to up the contrast,maybe even convert to a b&w :thinking:

Not so keen on the comp or effects on the last two,think the first shot would be my choice.....although I'd be tempted to up the contrast,maybe even convert to a b&w :thinking:

Black and white is a good idea, I'll try that, guess I thought it might be a little cliche for an abandoned building but there aren't and redeeming features in colour!

In terms of comp, there was no other choice unfortunately, this is a hole in the fence! :shrug:

Black and white is a good idea, I'll try that, guess I thought it might be a little cliche for an abandoned building but there aren't and redeeming features in colour!

In terms of comp, there was no other choice unfortunately, this is a hole in the fence! :shrug:

Yeah, I find if the colours suck and I can't bring anything out in PP to save it then B&W is usually the next thing to try.

#1 and 2 for me although i would photoshop the white paper bags out....may also look good in HDR
Dave

Last edited:
Loving numbers 1+2 are my favourites. I'am not very keen on 3+4.......Sorry.
I had never heard of a 'vertorama' before reading your post! So I googled it and am now edifakated! Thank you!

Last edited:
I really like the non-gelled pictures.

I guess that house is what they call a unique fixer-upper opportunity. :LOL:

Back