Derelict

Very nice, love the processing on this.
The object in the bottom right looks like its floating?

Personally I'd have liked to see the colour version - looks an interesting place.

The 'floating' object is some kind of cover or baffle with a sunken centre, and it's resting on that, tilted slightly forwards.

I love stuff like this, would love to explore such places myself though would definitely have to go solo without the ladyfriend ..she'd never set foot in such places I've tried and failed!!:exit:

Matt
I've only been to 3 derelict places so far it's great for photography I've been in a closed theme park which I last visited as a child some 25 years ago. It's a strange feeling brought back some great memory's my wife tends to be the one who wants to go in to thease places.

Good shots, great venue. Lit differently could be very dramatic, and it's a great venue for some portraiture.

Lovely image though I'm not too keen on the colour popping. I think it would be a terrific image without that.

Good shots, great venue. Lit differently could be very dramatic, and it's a great venue for some portraiture.
Thanks very much. I do wish I could master off camera flash ect. It does confuse me some

Last edited:
Lovely image though I'm not too keen on the colour popping. I think it would be a terrific image without that.
Thanks for your feed back it's much appreciated. I don't think I have the lighting right but to be Honist it was more about the adventure of being in such a building I'm pretty new to this urbex type of photography

Thanks for your feed back it's much appreciated. I don't think I have the lighting right but to be Honist it was more about the adventure of being in such a building I'm pretty new to this urbex type of photography
urbex by Gary Chadbond, on Flickr

had a quick play at a different version

love the selective colour post, Just the right amount of colour

Sorry the selective colour doe not work from where I'm sitting, the bit that's coloured is in totally the wrong place in the composition to work having been cut off at the edge. It's a place I'd love to visit, my Mother in Law spent some time there when it was up an running. (Gulp!)

I think a straight monochrome rather than selective colour would be more to my taste. Denbigh isn't the same without Elwyn :-(

Presume Camelot was the theme park? I see a lot of people in and out of there but recently they are only seeing a very small part of the site.

I think a straight monochrome rather than selective colour would be more to my taste. Denbigh isn't the same without Elwyn :-(

Presume Camelot was the theme park? I see a lot of people in and out of there but recently they are only seeing a very small part of the site.
I did have the pleasure of meeting Elwyn we were in and out pretty quick you speak of him in the past ? yes it was Camelot over 12 month ago i visited Whittingham near Preston some time ago that was my first i believe thats gone now I will have a go at a monochrome version i think your right

Sorry the selective colour doe not work from where I'm sitting, the bit that's coloured is in totally the wrong place in the composition to work having been cut off at the edge. It's a place I'd love to visit, my Mother in Law spent some time there when it was up an running. (Gulp!)
Thanks for your feed back this helps me improve my photography wow your mother in law most have some stores to tell

Just out of interest would the selective colour placement be better following the rule of thirds

Thanks Gary. I do prefer the monochrome version above the selective colour one. I think you chose the right thing (in terms of colour) to highlight on that one but the positioning of it doesn't work.

In the past I saw Elwyn a lot...recently not so much and with the increased presence of official security I think he has had to curb his ranting. He probably gets moved on the same as the other visitors.

Thanks Gary. I do prefer the monochrome version above the selective colour one. I think you chose the right thing (in terms of colour) to highlight on that one but the positioning of it doesn't work.

In the past I saw Elwyn a lot...recently not so much and with the increased presence of official security I think he has had to curb his ranting. He probably gets moved on the same as the other visitors.
cheers thanks again for your feedback ah i see that makes sense probably because there finally trying to sell the place it would be nice to see it re developed instead of being demolished

Back