Edit My Images
Yes
Went to Derwent water in the lakes today;

Dawn_pier_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Dawn_arising_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

Might make a bit of a series of these low light tree silhouettes;
Blue_light_water_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

:)

Very good as we now expect from you. My fav is number 3 but it seems a little soft maybe due to the long exposure. Still great anyway!

outstanding pictures, well done.:clap::clap:

#1 for me brilliant as usual :bang:

They are all very good but I would say number one is the pick of the bunch for me. You seem to make this look so easy:D

MK - Number three for me as it is so unusual.

Like #1 too, but find the first post on the left of the picture just a little to prominent, but otherwise a fab capture.

As usual MK some fine fine shots!

How do you get the nice blue feeling to the sky in them though? whenever the light is like that and I take any photos i just get a really blown bad sky. Do you use filters at all?

#3 for me, love the colour in the sky & water, the shape of the silhouette is very nice

The lines in #1 lead the eye to probably the most uninteresting section of landscape in this particular frame unfortunately

Really like the composition in #2, the foreground leads you in nicely but there is a large area of cloud that is blown

Some honest CC for you mk

1 for me as well, nicely composed.

All good MK! No 3 for me though

As good as no 1 is its a classic shot thats been done many times before - your is good but not new (does that make sense?)

2 has a lovely serene feel and is well composed imho

But 3 is the eye catcher! Lovely colour, great composition and original (to me at least!)

All three are ace shots

I agree with everyone great set of shots :clap:

No3 for me, great silhouette and lovely colours (y)

#1 for me too. :)

Thanks everyone. Its a great location, and I think it would be hard to come away with no decent shots. Really want to go back there as I only went a fraction of the way round the lake.

As usual MK some fine fine shots!

How do you get the nice blue feeling to the sky in them though? whenever the light is like that and I take any photos i just get a really blown bad sky. Do you use filters at all?

Cheers. Yeah I used a ND grad filter (2 stop I think) to bring the sky brightness down a bit.

#3 for me, love the colour in the sky & water, the shape of the silhouette is very nice

The lines in #1 lead the eye to probably the most uninteresting section of landscape in this particular frame unfortunately

Really like the composition in #2, the foreground leads you in nicely but there is a large area of cloud that is blown

Some honest CC for you mk

Cheers iGiDK. Always appreciate honest CC.:) I like the top half of 3, but im still not sure about the bottom half. I could have got a much more interesting foreground composition by using the shore as a lead in line, but that would have meant that the tree silhouette would have been ruined by another tree in the background.

As for the blown bits in 1 and 2 I probably should have bracketed the shots and done an exposure bland, as the ND gread I have wasn't strong enough.

All good MK! No 3 for me though

As good as no 1 is its a classic shot thats been done many times before - your is good but not new (does that make sense?)

2 has a lovely serene feel and is well composed imho

But 3 is the eye catcher! Lovely colour, great composition and original (to me at least!)

All three are ace shots

Cheers. Hehe, yeah I know number 1 has been done so many times. When I took it I knew it was a cliche' shot. But you can't go to Derwent and not take a pier shot. :LOL:

Really like all three tbh mate. Lovely shots as usual!

May I ask, did you use any ND Grads on those at all?

Thanks, Yeah I used a ND grad (2 stop I think) for my Lee kit. I really could do with buying another stronger one with a slightly harder edge (3 stop medium?) As I often find the times I need to use an ND Grad, the one I have just doesn't brinf the sky down enough.

Great set mr Khan. I have seen quite a few from the first shot location, there must be marks from all the previous photographers tripods

Hehe, yeah its a popular spot thats for sure. I can only imagine what it must be like in spring or summer. I really want to camp there sometime and get up for sunrise though. (y)

Iv got a pictur eon my wall just like No1.. but it wa taken at Ullswater.. i had to double check it wasnt the same pier.. lol..

A fantastic set.. im hoping to get up there sometime soon and only hope my pictures are half as good!!

Back