Desert and mountains

Name
David Thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken from Creech AFB, Indian Springs, Nevada. This is about 40miles north of Vegas and looking out over the snow capped mountains to the NW of the city. Shame I didn't notice the plastic bag blown up against the brush... C&C welcome!

snow-capped-mountains-from-desert.jpg

Certainly looks desolate and barren out there.

wouldn't like to get stuck out there during the summer without water!!

I'm sure you could alwys clone out the plastic bags if you want. Some nice textures going on in there. It's got me trying to work out whether it was hot or cold :LOL:

Very sunny but only about 9 degrees! It's a lot colder still up in the mountains as the highest peak is 12,000ft!

Great scene.

I have been skiing in that area on the Nevada / California border and it does feel bizarre to be at the top of the mountain and look out towards Nevada into the desert, look the other way and see the snow scene. Now I know what to capture with that newly advertised 4.5mm sigma fisheye lens!

I think this looks really amazing, the forground is so warm and as you travel your eye further away the image gets colder. Nice!

Really like it, love the contrast between the three parts of the picture :clap:

Cheers guys, much appreciated

I like it to a fashion. I have been there and can relate to the area, however IMHO what ruins a good photo is the debirs in the foreground.
I know it comes off I-15 but I would try and crop it out, as it takes on the appearance of loo paper, and wether it's used or not, my mind can't cope with that decision :)

lol, it's actually plastic off the I-95 and if my PS skills were better I'd have got rid of it. It just always looked very poor when I tried!

Back