DESIGN A PORTRAIT STUDIO...

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Imagine you have a large 40ft x 40ft space.....

• Family Portraits
  • Makeovers
  • Boudoir
  • Fashion

Absolutely NOT to scale :D

POTENTIAL_STUDIO_LAYOUT.gif

Good / bad? There is no viewing room at moment. We could hide it in a corner and build in the middle of the room with various sets. Ideas?

G.

Where are your natural light windows?

I think you are losing too much space by having a middle room set up.

Last edited:
I'd be very tempted to make a 25x25 cove area in one corner and then just have the boudoir stuff on that and drop backgrounds on it as and when you need to. Should leave plenty of room for changing areas/toilets/kitchen/makeup on one side with room for moving lights around. Not sure if that would leave too little useable space for the viewing room?

Advantage of your setup is you could have a few shoots going on at once, advantage of mine is a kick ass cove (which i'm sure people wouldn't mind paying to hire ;))

Do you have different shoots happening at once? might be better to sub divide it to allow more intimate sessions.. as above, any natural light?

Here's a quick layout.. and my thinking..

Bring people in, chat in coffee area.. sit and wait. they can see the studio etc working atmosphere.. then go and get changed & make-up..

People who are there for a viewing don't have to go into main space..

Boudoir etc can be closed off if needed...

layout1.jpg

PS.. Drawn to scale based on 40ft square.. viewing room is 13ft wide.. bed etc to scale.. so plenty of room..

Last edited:
Back