Desktop PC with vacant (SATA?) bays

Edit My Images
No
I'd like a desktop to which I could add one, maybe two HDDs, 3.5 inch for preference. Do such things exist? Where should I look for one? A quick trawl of John Lewis didn't suggest anything, but perhaps I'm simply not understanding the tech-speak.

Thanks!

:plus1:. The likes of Dell and HP are not a PC of choice if expansion is your aim!

That's true for small form factor machines, but not large floor standing tower units. Plenty of Dell systems that will hold multiple HDD/SSDs - just don't pick a tiny case & expect to cram in lots of disks. :)

That's true for small form factor machines, but not large floor standing tower units. Plenty of Dell systems that will hold multiple HDD/SSDs - just don't pick a tiny case & expect to cram in lots of disks. :)

Not so bad with laptop size ssd's though. You can stick those little buggers anywhere.

Well @Neilmack did say a 'desktop' and granted I surmised as he mentioned John Lewis that he was after a consumer grade ;)

PS as for putting a PC tower on the floor......I have a vacuum cleaner already ;)

why 3.5 inch hdds you need to just use 2.5 inch hdds and much more on th used market for options

why 3.5 inch hdds you need to just use 2.5 inch hdds and much more on th used market for options
Because capacities over 5TB aren't available in 2.5" and they're slow compared with 3.5". Fast 2.5" HDDs have gone now SSDs are available.

Well @Neilmack did say a 'desktop' and granted I surmised as he mentioned John Lewis that he was after a consumer grade ;)

PS as for putting a PC tower on the floor......I have a vacuum cleaner already ;)
Very shrewd. Yes, I should have said - it’s not for games playing, nor launching a space mission.

Last edited:
Back