DESPARATE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Name
Lynn
Edit My Images
Yes
Total beginner lol Please please could you help me. I have a canon 450d and have been playing with the custom WB. Some how I have managed to make all my pictures go green???? When I take a picture of WHITE piece of paper it is green???

Please I am sorry if this is something silly but I need help as I am trying to do a photo shoot of one of my dolls.

Thanks so very much in advance

Lynn x

Lynn, try to reset it, or put it onto AUTO.
Auto always works well for me......

Hi Lynn
first off if you are shooting RAW, don't panic, you can reset the WB in PP

this happens to me quite a bit when i use flash and set the custom white balance.

i find that varying the distance from the white thing helps.

THANK YOU THANK YOU. I reset the camera and it seems to have worked. Thanks I really appreciate the quick responses.

Can I just ask why this happens and what I did to make it go green so it doesn't happen again.

Thanks again

Lynn x

Lynn,

Press the WB button on top of the body and then rotate the rear dial until AWB shows in the panel on the top LCD.

Bob

Press the white balance button (WB) on the back of the camera, now use the left arrow key (the middle thing on the back) to chose AWB, then press set (the button in the middle of the arrows thing) that should take it back to auto white balance.

i find it really odd that AWB keeps being advocated.

I'd suggest using any other WB setting than AWB personally.
Then at least you will have a uniform WB, it might not be the right one but you can fix that if you shoot RAW.
AWB can give you many different WB's.

Auto white balance is generally fine if you shoot RAW as colour temp and hue is about the first thing you'll be altering/checking...the cameras do a pretty good job of guesstimating it for most lighting conditions...

I would only advocate Pre-Sets or Custom WB when shooting JPEG these days...

Auto white balance is generally fine if you shoot RAW as colour temp and hue is about the first thing you'll be altering/checking...the cameras do a pretty good job of guesstimating it for most lighting conditions...

I would only advocate Pre-Sets or Custom WB when shooting JPEG these days...

ok, i'm weird then :D:bonk:

I have only just worked out how to use custom WB I usually used AWB but I have to say Custom WB is perfect although sometimes it causes me problems for the things I have to photograph.

But thanks all for tall the advice

Lynn x

i find it really odd that AWB keeps being advocated.

I'd suggest using any other WB setting than AWB personally.
Then at least you will have a uniform WB, it might not be the right one but you can fix that if you shoot RAW.
AWB can give you many different WB's.

Just a small point to remember though when someone is totally new to this lark, they may not have the software or know how to change it in processing so to begin with its often easier to shoot using either auto or a preset for the conditions to get it in roughly the right area. ;)

Lynn, have a read up in your cameras manual about adjusting WB and how to do it, then you adjust it more confidently if you want to depending on what lighting you are shooting in [sunlight, tungsten, flourescent, cloudy, etc] and if unsure, stick to auto, it will cover most situations adequately enough. (y)

Thanks again everyone. I need to get the true skin colour of my dolls i paint so the perfect white balance is essential.

Thanks for the tips

Lynn x

Thanks again everyone. I need to get the true skin colour of my dolls i paint so the perfect white balance is essential.

Thanks for the tips

Lynn x

In that case you really need to shoot in RAW and use the white balance eyedropper tool in Photoshop's RAW editor (or the equivalent on whatever editing software you use) to get a proper white balance...

In that case you really need to shoot in RAW and use the white balance eyedropper tool in Photoshop's RAW editor (or the equivalent on whatever editing software you use) to get a proper white balance...

...and have a properly colour managed display and workflow,,,

Back