Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
My first attempt, HP5;

img007tp_zps75990768.jpg

img003800crop_zpsbb61382c.jpg

img034800_zps98df429c.jpg

I think I need to be a little more careful handling the negatives as these have lots of little scratches on them.

Mark

And my second attempt (same day!), Delta 3200;

img012tp_zps25146582.jpg

img033tp_zps319d107f.jpg

Seem to be fewer scratches which is surprising as this one was trickier to load - the HP5 went on straight away - so should have had less handling!

Mark

A lot of that is dust and other associated muck. It gets on at all stages. Once you have developed and rinsed it can get muck on whilst drying and scanners are always a nightmare.

Your results are actually very good and the muck can be easily removed in photoshop or lightroom. It is just a hazard of a "figital" workflow.

Nice one! (y)

Congrats!......Nice results for your first attempts.

As said the "scratches" are in fact dust etc like Jim mentioned.

That said it is fairly easy to put scratches on the film especially if the loading of it on to the deving spiral decides not to run smoothly as was the case for me recently.

Frustrating when it does happen but the marks can be removed in PP ....just time consuming that's all.

They look great.

Did you enjoy the developing process?

A lot is dust but I think I manhandled a few nicks in to add to that!

And yes, I really did enjoy the process Steve, very rewarding.

The mortar and pestle was for my "Season" shot in the 52 project (I am a bit behind!), I think the overhead shot is better?

Mark

Threeracers said:
A lot is dust but I think I manhandled a few nicks in to add to that!

And yes, I really did enjoy the process Steve, very rewarding.

The mortar and pestle was for my "Season" shot in the 52 project (I am a bit behind!), I think the overhead shot is better?

Mark

Glad to hear its an enjoyable experience as its something I'd like to try at some point!

I agree in that the overhead shot does look a lot better! The contrast in the shadows is sharper and more striking. The 45 degree angle shot is a little over exposed for me :)

Snappychap

Mark

Yep a vote here for the 2nd (overhead) shot.

Great results for your first dev, mine where horrible when I first tried.

Mart

Glad you enjoyed it...but beware it won't end with processing film.

Soon you will be looking at small spaces at home and wondering if you could fit an enlarger in one. :)

Great work, I remember my first roll processed at home and it was awful, TBH it's not much better now :LOL:

Back