Developing kit??

fraggle101

Not a mermaid
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
iv been looking for a kit that has everything to start developing..

Has anyone got any ideas where to go?

Hi Tony,

No expert but ebay quite often tends to have people selling full kits that they don't use anymore. Bargain prices too, but you obviously need to be a bit careful that the kit does actually have everything.

Best thing is to have a read up on google etc to make sure you know what you need first.

hope that helps :shrug:

S

Tony - your best bet in London for dev kit is Silverprint. You'll probably have to get the dev tank and spirals separately from the chemicals, but the guys at Silverprint will be able to give you everything you need over the counter.

For colour chemicals, just order from the Tetenal website directly - defo the cheapest place.

Hi Steve, im roughly sure whet i need its just sourcing it in one place.. i dont nee too much as im only going to develop the film for now as i have a scanner..

I looked on ebay but didnt fins that much tbh.. although it was a half hearted search.. (It was late!)

I might take a wander down to Jacobs in Oxford st tomorrow, the last time i want they had a COMPLETE setup including enlarger and paper for under £100!!! COLOUR stuff too!!

Thanks for the reply though mate..

I saw you had a 500N now. id completely forgot to sort mine out for you!! im really sorry!!... :bang:

Thanks Mike!! i'll pop down there instead then.. i should get all i need to start.. Im not looking at doing Colour just yet, i need to get used to the easy stuff again first!!.. lol..

How are you getting on with it all?? you got a nice darkroom sorted in your new place??

No worries, mate - obviously check Jacobs' pricing as they may be cheaper... but I find that Silverprint is very professional when it comes to film (digital is a dirty word to them!)

I use a darkbag for getting the film into the spirals and dev tank, then scan it into the mac once dry, so no need for a darkroom. Still, my en-suite bathroom is like a darkroom, with numerous bottles of toxic chemicals balanced precariously on every available surface and reels of film hanging in the shower... :nuts:

Sounds like my idea of heaven!!

When i did film for myself before i had the ideal set up!! i worked in a LAB!! lol.. i had darkrooms all over the place!! lol.. also i had C41 and E6 machines for when i shot Colour, and the use of any of the dark rooms for doing my B&W.. also i could use as much paper as i wanted!! and of course, the paper went through thier own machines!! except the B&W ones.. i likes doing them myself..
The film developing machines all had dryers too.. so no problems there either.. It'll be different at home though eh.. lol..

Thanks again for the info..

Another place that's worth a look is Nova Darkrooms. They have all sorts of gear and I've used them for years and had excellent service from them.

They have a secondhand listing and an ebay store.

Mr Cad might also be worth a look.

Hope that helps

Mark

Back