Devil’s-bit scabious and moss

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Tried my hand at a macro focus stack, on a flower I saw whilst walking on the Shore of Loch Lomond, hand held 18 photos stacked in Photoshop

Had to google the flowers name, hope I got it correct and I think the end result came out ok for a newbie to macro

Devil’s-bit scabious & Moss by Nick P, on Flickr

Lovely little plants! I think you've got some movement blur in a couple of frames, it's really important when hand holding to get as much stability as possible, so try and rest you hands against something. Good first attempt though and looking forward to seeing more (y)

Thanks for the CC Tim, It was a little hard to do hand held, normally i think i would look towards my tripod to help stabilize the shots

Thanks for the CC Tim, It was a little hard to do hand held, normally i think i would look towards my tripod to help stabilize the shots
If you are thinking of using a tripod a macro rail will make life so much easier too. There are some very expensive ones available, but I'd start with a cheap on (less that £10) and see how you get on before paying the big bucks!

Back