Critique DH Mountain bike race. Bull Trak.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I too like No 4 because of the action and the expression on the young rider's face. The others I have difficulty with because I do not get the feeling of activity, the riders and bikes are far too static.

Cheers guys, i love number 4 also, great riding from such a wee guy!!

Littletank, when you say the riders are far too static, what exactly do you mean? I think i've captured the sense of movement with the dust and angles of the bikes on the berms and in the air. Do you mean a more panning action dragging the shutter would convey a greater sense of speed

More like this?

IMG_9433 by nessiemac1, on Flickr

Dave

Last edited:
What I think I mean is that I only know that the riders are taking part in a race because you said so. Images of riders on bikes having fun are very interesting but where is the competition other than that against the environment.

Well it was only a small local race with hardly a crowd to speak of and obviously being a DH race there is only one rider on the course at all times against the clock so impossible to get 2 riders in the same shot.

Last edited:
Thank you for the explanation, Dave, now all is clear and I take back my critique.

Hi Dave,

did you find it a limiting track to photograph, I've been there twice and top section from the road gap you can get some nice shots but any further down it gets very challenging...

ps.... are you still alive I thought you wouldn't miss Atson or Rogate unless hell froze over :)

Steve

Nice shots but the bikes seem frozen,as in no wheel blur,too fast a shutter speed.:)

Hi Dave,

did you find it a limiting track to photograph, I've been there twice and top section from the road gap you can get some nice shots but any further down it gets very challenging...

ps.... are you still alive I thought you wouldn't miss Atson or Rogate unless hell froze over :)

Steve

Hi Steve, Hope you are good mate? It was great at the top section in the sun but I think it would be rather difficult going back to try and get some more shots from different places due as it's a bit featureless! But I will definitely be there more as my lad wants to race again next year!. Was busy last weekend at Rogate and can't remember why I didn't go to Aston hill!

Are you going to PORC next weekend mate?

Dave

Aston was a good race but some poor soul had to be air lifted out tho, not sure what happened but heard he split his helmet open.

yes I will be at PORC next week....missed the last one due to my mates 40th birthday party the night before and I was to hungover to hold a camera :)

Steve

Back