Monthly dhracer's out of comfort zone 12/12

Edit My Images
No
My theme for January is portrait/lifestyle

This challenge thing could get expensive; I've already had to go out and buy a new lens - as having just switched to FF the only lens I had was my 17-40, which wouldn't really do (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :LOL: ).

One 100 f/2 later and I'm ready, now just to get some inspiration :thinking:

Oh, no architecture allowed in my 12 :)

Last edited:
Have fun spending money I mean with your challenge :D

Not yet, been stupidly busy whenever the weather's been good :( (I thought for this first month we had till the 2nd week in Feb?)

Anyway, hoping to get some shots over the weekend, although I've got to work tomorrow now!

I'm not too sure about the crop TBH.
But the 2nd is the best IMO I love the expression in the eyes (y)

I like both, they break some traditional 'rules' but doesn't matter, for me they work and have quite a contemporary look. If I had to critique, it would be the processing on #1 - I think I would have preferred the same muted tones but with a green/yellow cross process look, rather then the current magenta hints, but that really is just a personal preference. Good start, now get out there and get some more people (y)

:thinking: well here's the rest of my January set. Working weekends hasn't helped much with this month :bang: but I'd definitely like to try more portraits in the future, I've got some ideas of stuff I'd like to do now that will have to wait until summer (& when I've funds for some props :whistle: )

IMG_0573_edited-1.psd by dhracer_1, on Flickr

IMG_0545_edited-1.psd by dhracer_1, on Flickr

IMG_0536_edited-1.psd by dhracer_1, on Flickr

IMG_0452_edited-2.psd by dhracer_1, on Flickr

IMG_0540_edited-1.psd by dhracer_1, on Flickr

Back