Did my first wedding yesterday (56k warning)

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
I was there only as the assistant photographer but that was exactly what I wanted in order to experience it first hand without the stress of knowing that the couple are relying on my shots. The wedding and reception was at Wentworth Golf Club and as you can imagine the setting was excellent, if a little pricey!

Even though I was #2 I still managed to c*ck things up in that I forgot to reset my ISO rating a couple of times and other minor things, but lessons learnt and all that.

Here are a few quick edits from the day:

This is probably my favourite shot, can't explain why, it just is:

_CBG0089-01.jpg

The reception was held in the ballroom and it was magnificent:

_CBG0017-01.jpg

_DSC0004-01.jpg

_CBG0038-01soft.jpg

_CBG0067-01mono.jpg

_CBG0107-01.jpg

_CBG0036-01soft.jpg

lovely work Hacker, I like the top image too, and the one of them leaning either side of the door, but my favourite is the fed up bridesmaid awwww

Lovely stuff m8, though I reckon the shot of the flower girl walking could do with the post thingy above her head shopping out. I like the B&W conversions too, you've given me a couple of ideas about some of the shots I took last week thanks :)

What I'd do with that pic is use the magic wand to select everything above that row of pink flower heads. Then blur to taste. It's further away, so will look natural. Clone out the distracting bits... probably best done before the blurring.

This is a really quick job, I'm sure you can make a better job of it Hacker, but sing out if you need any help with it. :)

CBG0038-01soft2.jpg

Thanks for that, I was a bit tired when editing these and Ive also just noticed the golf club in shot #8. Ouch!

The fed up Bridesmaid says it all and I like the one above with selective buttonhole. Off to take piks and read at Wedding in Mystic USA so am interested to see how they approach things - The planning seems as if it will match something out of "The Sopranoes".

Nice shots :)

THE Colin MOntgomery??

Love the shots, especially the one with the selective colour shot, because of the way you have caught them laughing.

very nice Colin, did you enjoy it?

Wondered what Dod was talking about but now I see - well spotted!

Colin - great set (y) As said by steep, we can all learn alittle from these. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for all the positive feed back - the only way to learn! No it wasn't THE Colin Montgomery, the groom is a golf fanatic (hence Wentworth) and all the tables were named after famous golfers, for example the top table was Tiger Woods.

I was a bit disappointed on the day as I thought I'd missed quite a few shots but having had time to go through them I'm actually quite pleased and the main photographer is very happy with them. I've got another on the 9th September so really looking forward to it now!

Here are a few more including a couple of 'effect' shots.

Wentworth23.jpg

Wentworth21.jpg

Wentworth27.jpg

Wentworth26.jpg

Impressive stuff Colin! How many shots did you rack up?

Like the last one especially! (y)

I think you did a superb job and captured some very special moments the main photog may have missed.

I do envey talented people
well done great shots

Superb job Colin.

You got some creative shots there.
I'm sure they'll be delighted with their album :)

Impressive stuff Colin! How many shots did you rack up?

About 360 in total using both bodies, one with the 80-200mm f/2.8 and the other with the 18-70 kit lens which didn't just cut the mustard for some of the low light shots, I'm thinking of buying a 50mm f/1.4 to cover that eventuality until I can afford the 17-55mm f/2.8.

More bloody expense! :bonk:

I think you did yourself proud as theres some lovely shots there.
My favourite is the 'fed-up bridesmaid'.
I also like the one of the bride mirroring her dad's(?) face, and if it is her dad, I bet she'll love that one too!

As it was your first experience did you find you managed to enjoy assisting or was it stressful?

Back