Different RAW plug-ins together are they a problem?

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Nikon D80 and therefore have the plugin for opening RAW files in Elements 5.

I am looking to change the compact that I generally carry around with me from a Sony that only takes JPEG to the Canon G9 that will enable me to also take RAW pictures as well as the greater optical zoom. However this will presumably require either software that comes with it or a different d/loaded plugin to open the RAW files.

Has anyone had experience of wanting to open two different manufacturers RAW files in the same pp software and whether a problem I am assuming is infact a problem?

Kevin

Two different types shouldn't cause any problems at all, whether elements 5 will open the RAW's from the G9 is another question. Adobe have a nasty habit of stopping any support once a new version is released, as elements 6 is now out you may find 5 isn't directly compatable with the G9 images or the latest ACR update (don't know what version for elements) . That said if you download the free DNG converter from adobes website, that will convert your G9 raw to dng, which elements 5 will open. Wayne

Back