Different style of wedding tog

Ah, but this is only "new" because the BBC has just discovered it and filled a bit of space with it today. It's been going on for ages now. This was August 2009 (that's our customers on the left, on their way to the ceremony) ...

040_zps4f3a68e6.jpg

Apologies for the quality - I can only find the small files we used for web slideshows :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Those 'pre-wedding' shoots in wedding attire are traditional in some oriental cultures. Going to all the trouble of of travelling half way round the world though? I just wonder how common that is.

... Going to all the trouble of of travelling half way round the world though? I just wonder how common that is.

The impression we got from talking to a couple of the guys who do this stuff (and do it really well) is that most of their customers were in fact Chinese resident in the UK, plus a percentage Hong Kong Chinese on a mini-tour of Europe. Apparently there's a network of Chinese snappers catering for just this market throughout the capitals and major tourist traps of Western Europe.

The impression we got from talking to a couple of the guys who do this stuff (and do it really well) is that most of their customers were in fact Chinese resident in the UK, plus a percentage Hong Kong Chinese on a mini-tour of Europe. Apparently there's a network of Chinese snappers catering for just this market throughout the capitals and major tourist traps of Western Europe.
Jeez!

I wonder how many other 'niche' markets we have no idea exist?

I don't see many Chinese locally, but see loads in our University cities (my stepson is reading economics at Lancaster and the Hong Kong Chinese outnumber the English in the business school there).

I remember Phil in his wedding dress..... Took 2 hours to talk him in to giving it back to the Bride..... He loved the snug fit and the feel of 55% Hessian under garments.
You are a sick man Daryl Burton! :giggle:

Not quite the same thing, but it's common practice for a lot of Eastern European couples to have some posed studio shots taken on the big day before arriving (separately again) at the church.
One of my close friends is Polish and all of the wedding photos she has on display in the house are in this style. They even put their wedding rings on for the photos . . . before boxing them back up again for the actual ceremony.

I've just come back from Paris and there were a lot of Chinese bridle couples on the bridges. First time I've seen it there. Perhaps a wedding coach party?
#economyofnumbers

Just think Daryl, if you took to shooting Chinese B&Gs in London like this, you'd be home in time for Cornflakes! ;)

Skim read the BBC article and my attention was drawn to ""We both love London and its fresh air and blue skies" says Yixuan, looking at her fiance."

Jeez!

I wonder how many other 'niche' markets we have no idea exist?

I don't see many Chinese locally, but see loads in our University cities (my stepson is reading economics at Lancaster and the Hong Kong Chinese outnumber the English in the business school there).

That's sooo true at Lancaster Uni. Its a running joke with me and my daughter who is studying Religious Studies up there. Everytime I go and visit her, whenever I drive towards a zebra crossing on campus at least 1 oriental person will be about to or is crossing it. It has happened every single time without fail. Even at 10pm.

A friend who spends much of the year in Turkey says it is the local custom to have studio shoots and then have a background PS in from anywhere in the world

Skim read the BBC article and my attention was drawn to ""We both love London and its fresh air and blue skies" says Yixuan, looking at her fiance."

Everything is relative I suppose.

When I come home from visiting London and get off the boat over to the Isle of Wight, I have to walk down the pier to breathe in the fresh air - regardless of the weather.

Steve.

Those 'pre-wedding' shoots in wedding attire are traditional in some oriental cultures. Going to all the trouble of of travelling half way round the world though? I just wonder how common that is.

A good wedding photgrapher in Singapore ( I know a few) can earn staggering money this way. Packages to far flung locations and a pre-wedding photoshoot etc.. I know one guy charging £12K per shoot, and he makes around 8K profit from each one.

Back