Different takes on a Southend Sunset

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, been out all day again today and barely had chance to do anything with shots from yesterdays meet. So, as only a few of us hung around for sunset, I thought I would start with those and bore you with the others at a later date. ;)

1 - HDR version - there is some banding in the sky that seems to have been created by flickr shrinking the images as it isnt there in the original. :shrug:

3456251325_2fe86de996_o.jpg

2 - Out of camera. Basically as shot with just a sharpen, a silhouette

3456280959_2cb37ae890_o.jpg

3 - exposure combination. I used photomatix for this, but its only two exposures combined, with a strength level of about 2% then tone mapped, so not really an HDR, just a lazy way of combining exposures to retain detail in the highlights and lowlights. Oh, and those specks in the sky are birds, not dust bunnies, I promise ;)

3456299967_c97a46ffc8_o.jpg

Not quite sure which I like best, so will let you lot decide. TFL (y)

They're all very good Yv (y)

I like the second the best, the wider angle and the darker sky colours work for me :)

I like em all..think the last one is my favourite..(y)
Would have liked to have stayed longer into the sunsets but me old legs were tellin me "Ive had enough"..:help:

Thanks again to everyone for making this a great day..(y)

I agree with Fabs (again) I like the one straight out of the camera. Has a kind of lonely feel for me.

Hi Yv, it looks like in the HDR ones, especially the third they havn't been aligned 100% correctly. Its noticably round the tops of the buildings. If im right make sure you align by matching features. If that doesn't work do the HDR with one exposure trick. I have this problem quite alot. If im wrong it must be due to upload compression?

No. 1 for me but there all nice. They remind me of when I lived there.

Thankyou again guys. Definately swining to the straight from camera look, though not sure if its because it is the better one or because I just have athing about silhouettes atm anyway :LOL:

Luke, they align perfectly on the full size, I can assure you as for once I actually used a tripod, but I will happily admit to cheating normally :naughty: ;)

Back