DIGIBEST....AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
Yes
At the beginning of last September, I bought an Olympus ToughTG6 camera from a company called Digibest through an online marketplace called Onbuy. The camera was bought to replace my Olympus TG3 which was a great camera.

I mainly used the camera for capturing Mountainbiking action shots so when I first used the camera, I was disappointed to find that the camera appeared not to be able to take shots immediately after it was switched on. My TG3 had no problem doing this.

Not sure whether it was something I was doing wrong or not, I persevered with the camera but continued to have problems with it funtil it inally completely died about a month after purchase.

After going through the laborious process of returning the camera to them through Onbuy's cases page, the communication from Digibest was terrible.

On the 6th of January, I recieved this message from them.

From DigibestTime Posted: 06/01/2020 01:27 Hello dear customer, We are sorry for the waiting. Your product is under repair now. Once it is finished, we will inform you. Best regards. Digibest CS2.

The next message from them was this one. (note the date)

From Digi Best Time Posted: 31/03/2020 04:05 Hello dear customer, I just got the repair estimate from the technician that the problem of the product is misuse of the item, in this case the warranty could not be applied and the repair fee need to be paid by the customer. Would you like to pay the repair fee? Or we could return the unrepaired product back to you. Best regards. Digibest CS2.

After that, knowing I'd done nothing to damage this camera, I asked what evidence they had that the camera had been misused and for them to be more specific about what had caused the damage. They couldn't or wouldn't answer this question.

This was the generic reply I recieved several times after asking them for more details.

FromDigi BestTime Posted:03/04/2020 02:55Hello dear customer, The technician confirms that the problem is misuse of the item and we need to change the motherboard for this reason. The warranty void and the repair fee need to be paid by the customer. If you want, we could return the unrepaired product to you. Best regards. Digibest CS2.

Finally 7 months after original purchase and a ton of stress, I agreed to an 80% refund.

I was at my wits end and this seemed the best resolution.

The refund amount was correct in their last message.

FromDigi BestTime Posted:27/04/2020 03:57Hello dear customer, Thank you for your message.We will cancel the order and send the 80% refund(£287.92) to you soon. Best regards. Digibest CS2

The amount they put in my paypal account was actually £273.

I urge anyone who is in the market for a new camera to avoid this company, they are total con artists.

AVOID at all costs..

Last edited:
At the beginning of last September, I bought an Olympus ToughTG6 camera from a company called Digibest through an online marketplace called Onbuy. The camera was bought to replace my Olympus TG3 which was a great camera.

I mainly used the camera for capturing Mountainbiking action shots so when I first used the camera, I was disappointed to find that the camera appeared not to be able to take shots immediately after it was switched on. My TG3 had no problem doing this.

Not sure whether it was something I was doing wrong or not, I persevered with the camera but continued to have problems with it funtil it inally completely died about a month after purchase.

After going through the laborious process of returning the camera to them through Onbuy's cases page, the communication from Digibest was terrible.

On the 6th of January, I recieved this message from them.

From DigibestTime Posted: 06/01/2020 01:27 Hello dear customer, We are sorry for the waiting. Your product is under repair now. Once it is finished, we will inform you. Best regards. Digibest CS2.

The next message from them was this one. (note the date)

From Digi Best Time Posted: 31/03/2020 04:05 Hello dear customer, I just got the repair estimate from the technician that the problem of the product is misuse of the item, in this case the warranty could not be applied and the repair fee need to be paid by the customer. Would you like to pay the repair fee? Or we could return the unrepaired product back to you. Best regards. Digibest CS2.

After that, knowing I'd done nothing to damage this camera, I asked what evidence they had that the camera had been misused and for them to be more specific about what had caused the damage. They couldn't or wouldn't answer this question.

This was the generic reply I recieved several times after asking them for more details.

FromDigi BestTime Posted:03/04/2020 02:55Hello dear customer, The technician confirms that the problem is misuse of the item and we need to change the motherboard for this reason. The warranty void and the repair fee need to be paid by the customer. If you want, we could return the unrepaired product to you. Best regards. Digibest CS2.

Finally 7 months after original purchase and a ton of stress, I agreed to an 80% refund.

I was at my wits end and this seemed the best resolution.

The refund amount was correct in their last message.

FromDigi BestTime Posted:27/04/2020 03:57Hello dear customer, Thank you for your message.We will cancel the order and send the 80% refund(£287.92) to you soon. Best regards. Digibest CS2

The amount they put in my paypal account was actually £273.

I urge anyone who is in the market for a new camera to avoid this company, they are total con artists.

AVOID at all costs..

I had two Fujifilm cameras fail on me, and they refused to repair them and offered nothing as compensation. At least you got most of your money back.

PS

I was just about to say "welcome to the forum", but I see you have been here longer than me. :)

Last edited:
Back