Digigood-Good or bad???

Hi

Looking at picking myself up a 60D and their prices look really good.Anyone ever used the company?

Cheers
Gary

between me and friends have used them 9 times now for cameras, always been great service..

just be aware that if its refurb gear itll only come with 3 month warranty but his prices are usually as good if not better than 2nd hand so its still a better deal..

1 yr warranty with new items but might be worth checking Kerso's prices as he might be a tad cheaper for a forum member..

Ive used them twice now for a total of 4 lens, i found their prices to be the cheapest, ive seen second hand lens on here go for more than digigood sells them new.

The first time i ordered 3 lens and they were sent out within 24 hours and i recived them the day after that, all exactually as expected.

I was a little disapointed on my second order as i ordered before the start of the working day on the monday and as they guarantee dispatch within 3 days when i hadnt had a dispatch notification by thursday i rang them to find out what was going on and found out they didnt actually have them in stock as their delivery of the lens was delayed, they told me it would be dispatched by the following monday but i had a dispatch notification the next day and had it delivered on the saturday.

It just annoyed me a little that they never contacted me to say their would be a delay but to their credit the customer services was very easy to get hold of and told me what was going on straight away.
Id still use them again for a lens but if i needed if for a particular date i would be tempted to ring them and verify the actual lens is in stock to dispatch.

I do not know how good they are, but I would not buy a 60D from them when it is £100 cheaper from http://www.digitalrev.com/en/dslr-camera ;)

I initally looked at digital rev as i was under the impression they were the cheapest but after factoring in shipping charges they would of been £40 more expensive for my first order with digigood.

I just remembered as well they have an actual website, i found their ebay prices tended to be cheaper though.

Last edited:
I bought a lens from them off ebay and it was delivered the next day. It was a grey import (they did say that it was), but was £200-£300 cheaper than buying it from the local photo megastore.

I guess you will only find out how good they are if something goes wrong with your purchase and it needs fixing.

Got my refurb E-P1 from there, very happy with their service, paid late afternoon and they delivered next day!

Ive used them twice now for a total of 4 lens, i found their prices to be the cheapest, ive seen second hand lens on here go for more than digigood sells them new.

The first time i ordered 3 lens and they were sent out within 24 hours and i recived them the day after that, all exactually as expected.

I was a little disapointed on my second order as i ordered before the start of the working day on the monday and as they guarantee dispatch within 3 days when i hadnt had a dispatch notification by thursday i rang them to find out what was going on and found out they didnt actually have them in stock as their delivery of the lens was delayed, they told me it would be dispatched by the following monday but i had a dispatch notification the next day and had it delivered on the saturday.

It just annoyed me a little that they never contacted me to say their would be a delay but to their credit the customer services was very easy to get hold of and told me what was going on straight away.
Id still use them again for a lens but if i needed if for a particular date i would be tempted to ring them and verify the actual lens is in stock to dispatch.

I initally looked at digital rev as i was under the impression they were the cheapest but after factoring in shipping charges they would of been £40 more expensive for my first order with digigood.

I just remembered as well they have an actual website, i found their ebay prices tended to be cheaper though.

Well Mark you will have to pay postage etc, but it might be worth sending an email to juliapoon@digitalrev.com. He might well be able to sort out a promotion voucher for you and or discount for TP members. Worth a try ;)

I have used them before (was about 4 years ago mind) and their service was brilliant

Sorry for the necro-bump, but I'm also wanting to ask about them.

They have E-PL1 with the kit lens available for £250, which is an amazing price, but the thing is that every single E-PL1 they have for sale is listed as a refurbished one.

They state that all manufacturer refurbished items have been returned to Olympus and given the old check, but how could Digigood possibly have in their possession SO many refurbished items? It just makes me wary that all they're doing is fobbing off returned/unwanted items as manufacturer refurbished.

I don't plan to use them again, they managed to royally f*** up a lens order of mine. First it was in stock, more than 10 available, then nothing arrived for about a week. Asked about it, got a reply in very broken English and managed to decipher that actually they weren't in stock. Next time I emailed they actually were in stock all along, but they couldn't explain why mine hadn't been sent. Then about 2 weeks later I just cancelled it, told them where to shove it and bought the lens elsewhere!

I bought a Lumix FZ35 from them recently via Ebay. Cheapest I could find it and it arrived next day by Special Delivery.

they are US Refurbs and the box is an official Olympus Refurb box.. apart from that its like buying spank new..

they are defo not trying to fob off returns.

Sorry for the necro-bump, but I'm also wanting to ask about them.

They have E-PL1 with the kit lens available for £250, which is an amazing price, but the thing is that every single E-PL1 they have for sale is listed as a refurbished one.

They state that all manufacturer refurbished items have been returned to Olympus and given the old check, but how could Digigood possibly have in their possession SO many refurbished items? It just makes me wary that all they're doing is fobbing off returned/unwanted items as manufacturer refurbished.

I just purchased Sony Nex-5 from them via Ebay. Aaprt from being the cheapest, they also had good customer service and I got it delivered next day by Special Delivery.

Yes, horrendous experience!

I purchased a Nikon D7000 from Digigood last April 2011 (US import) but, after three approved SHDC cards failed mid-shoot, I was compelled to return it, at my cost, to Digigood under their warranty in early May with the assurance that it would be sent to Nikon.

Some ten weeks later and after persistent chasing by me I managed to have the camera ‘found’ and returned. When returned, to my amazement, it arrived as I had sent it in for repair i.e. in the same packaging that I had used to return the camera together with, oddly, my original letter setting out the camera faults as I had experienced them but, with no Digigood covering letter, no NIKON inspection/repair report and no evidence that it had been sent to Nikon for repair.

Digigood’s Customer Service has been most unhelpful with Digigood's representative being contradictory, abusive and using every opportunity to prevaricate and avoid resolving what is now proving to be a most expensive and frustrating nightmarish saga. Some nine months later this issue remains unresolved with the camera not considered to be safe to use, in monetary terms, since its ‘alleged’ repair. Hopefully, better news may follow but I will not hold my breath because, literacy may also be a problem!

Obviously, I cannot recommend this company!

always a reason why you buy cheap - dont expect any come back if there is any issues.. thats why i always prefer to walk in to a store ! ok you pay 20% more... but should the worst happens your not left without your item for weeks...

I bought a 600D three weeks ago off Digigood (PACE America Inc), it had a black mark in the veiwfinder that i couldn't shift, i emailed them, sent it back and within a day of them signing for it i had a replacement. Can't fault that for service. I have bought 5 cameras and various other items off them saving hundreds of pounds and never had any problems whatsoever.

Back