Digikam

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello

I have downloaded digikam because I can't afford photoshop or lightroom at the moment.

Does anyone know how I would alter the colour of just one part of the photo? I want to make the sky more of a dark blue and not the scenery in the rest of the picture.

Thanks

Paul

I don't think you can. It's a while since I used Digikam but I cannot real being able to select just a part of the image. I would suggest that you also download Gimp (which is also free) and can be set up to run from within Digikam.

Does your version have a colour channel mixer, allowing you to vary the brightness and saturation of blue, green, red, yellow etc? If so, use that to reduce luminance in blues. IIRC there is also an option to use gradients, so you might create a gradient filter to alter the sky area of the photo.

Might be worth you downloading On1 effects - free software - which will allow manipulation of colour channels and selectively altering sections of images.

Use the "Open in Gimp" in Digikam on the context menu. It makes it easy to manage and edit pictures all from one place.
OK - at the risk of sounding completely stupid - how do I do that? I can't even find the context menu

OK - at the risk of sounding completely stupid - how do I do that? I can't even find the context menu
In the thumbnails view, right click on any picture you want to edit. The menu that pops up is the Context Menu. It will let you "open in" Gimp or other programs you have installed.

In the thumbnails view, right click on any picture you want to edit. The menu that pops up is the Context Menu. It will let you "open in" Gimp or other programs you have installed.
I don't even get an option. I have an "open" option which just opens in digikam but no "open in". Any ideas?

Back