DIGITAL AND MOTION CAMERA

Name
Nomnotho
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello friends, first of all, I am a new user of this forum, I don't know if this forum will solve my problem, or whether it is the right place?
So I want to know the common criteria and recommendations for a specific frame rate and resolution for digital video in a digital media production.

Hello friends, first of all, I am a new user of this forum, I don't know if this forum will solve my problem, or whether it is the right place?
So I want to know the common criteria and recommendations for a specific frame rate and resolution for digital video in a digital media production.

For video,-
there are two frame rate standards: NTSC, at 30/1.001 (about 29.97) frames per second (about 59.94 fields per second), and PAL, 25 frames per second (50 fields per second). Digital video cameras come in two different image capture formats: interlaced and progressive scan.

For frame rate-
24fps –This is the standard for movies and TV shows, and it was determined to be the minimum speed needed to capture video while still maintaining realistic motion. Even if a film is shot at a higher frame rate, it’s often produced and displayed at 24fps. Most feature films and TV shows are shot and viewed at 24 fps.

30fps –This has been the standard for television since the early days, and is still widely used despite producers moving toward a more cinematic 24fps. Videos with a lot of motion, such as sports, will often benefit from the extra frames per second.

The reasons for using 30fps is strangely complicated and it mainly has to do with television and electricity standards set a long time ago.

60+fps – Anything higher than 30fps is mainly used to create slow-motion video or to record video game footage. Additionally, as technology continues to evolve, many smartphones are now capable of recording at 60 fps as well.

Ok ????

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to the forum.

Back