Edit My Images
Yes
6300278610_4763f0ac23_b.jpg
[/url] IMG_2015 by laidbackman, on Flickr[/IMG]

The original.
6299741943_5e82a58a28_b.jpg
[/url] IMG_2015 3 Melting Ice on the shoreline by laidbackman, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
I don't think that it works Mal, I quite like the processing, and I think that it would be nice to see it used on a different subject, I think that it's the subject that making me think it's not working in this instance, it's just to busy my eyes are all over it looking for a focal point

You will want to edit the post though as don't forget that forum size limits are 1024px

Matt
MWHCVT

Maybe I am losing my way:D

It could be quite good printed onto a canvas and splattered with paint, your local art gallery might take on for you then with a price tag of £400 :D

I think it is quite good, maybe people saying it is busy are looking at it only as a piece of photography and not a piece of digital art? It maintains nice colours and an odd but organic feel to it.

At last someone likes it:D

Cheers Scott(y)

Think it might have worked better had there not been any grass/twigs.....reminds me of those ceramic souvenir plates/ashtrays from years ago :thinking:
If you rotate,there is a vague resemblance of an elderly gent with glasses,pronounced chin,using a walking stick :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I will add another vote to the Likes. As digital art, I do feel that there is a place for stuff like this. Yes it is quite busy, but for me (and I may be way off the mark) it has a kind of klimt like quality to it.
Definitely an interesting post, and shows what can be done with pp/ps to bring qualities and textures out of a photo. I think the colours work well and there is some good detail in the pebbles

I also like it Mal, good range textures and tones, (y)

Cheers Dave(y)

Think it might have worked better had there not been any grass/twigs.....reminds me of those ceramic souvenir plates/ashtrays from years ago :thinking:
If you rotate,there is a vague resemblance of an elderly gent with glasses,pronounced chin,using a walking stick :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So there is :)

I will add another vote to the Likes. As digital art, I do feel that there is a place for stuff like this. Yes it is quite busy, but for me (and I may be way off the mark) it has a kind of klimt like quality to it.
Definitely an interesting post, and shows what can be done with pp/ps to bring qualities and textures out of a photo. I think the colours work well and there is some good detail in the pebbles

Thanks Matty.......might try one without the business, now what was it I did to get it to look like that :thinking::D

(y)

Cheers Amin.

Hmmm:)

Just goes to prove that photography is very subjective:)

You are so right Mal. Sometimes what most people will not like suddenly has a huge appeal into someone else's eyes. I personally think that if you like something that you have snapped and you feel very strongly about it you should give it a chance and often wait and see if after observing it for a few days you get to like it more or you just stopped seeing it under the same eye

I do that sometimes particularly with some of my smoke images, but hey, that might just be the child in me playing with coloured smoke :))

your image reminds me of some pieces I saw on my favourite blog the other week
http://butdoesitfloat.com/2333476/There-is-a-way-to-master-silence-control-its-curves-inhabit-its

bizarrely I like the image on it's side, but I really don't when it's in landscape
i think the image is quite busy, and in landscape I can't see anything that resembles a pattern, but on it's side I start to recognise shapes and I find myself trying to make sense of it

very interesting

I do also find it interesting rotated 90% but to me it would make more sense in that orientation without the grass stems.

Pleased it has prompted a bit discussion:)

Pleased it has prompted a bit discussion:)

That's art Mal :), one moment lays there dormant and suddenly sprouts interest :), takes one to notice and point out something about it and more of us will suddenly discover other things as we view it through a different perspective :)

Mal...hold on to your vision, don't let those that can't see it, change it. I'm not knocking anyone's taste, but I've found over the years that it seems most photographers tend to want realism, sometimes tempered with a bit of bokeh. Artists tend to stretch reality into the surreal or simply sublime. I think you took a very ordinary original photograph and turned it into something very interesting. Congratulations.

Mal...hold on to your vision, don't let those that can't see it, change it. I'm not knocking anyone's taste, but I've found over the years that it seems most photographers tend to want realism, sometimes tempered with a bit of bokeh. Artists tend to stretch reality into the surreal or simply sublime. I think you took a very ordinary original photograph and turned it into something very interesting. Congratulations.

:) there you go, exactly what I had been meaning to say but my limited vocabulary just wasn't good enough to spell it out the way hunter just did, :)
Thank you hunter, I fully second that.

So Mal, let's see some more of that creativity :)

Thank you very much for that:)

:) there you go, exactly what I had been meaning to say but my limited vocabulary just wasn't good enough to spell it out the way hunter just did, :)
Thank you hunter, I fully second that.

So Mal, let's see some more of that creativity :)

Well after yours and the other favourable comments especially Hunters, I now have the encouragement to have another go:)

As a semi abstract piece of 'art' - I like it Mal.

I like it.

To me it doesn't need a focal point. Its very interesting to look at and makes you want to look at it for longer as your eyes look everywhere around the image at the different textures and colours!

Really like the processing you've done on this too! (y)

Like it in landscape format. Love the colours and textures. In portrait the grass is out of place and too much emphasis in the middle of the image. It's no longer a photo, so photography rules do not apply. Bash out some more :)

Hiya Mal,

OMG ..... I absolutely :love: this!!!

It is amazing the creativity nature presents to us. This image has a certain abstract embryonic appearance in your landscape layout.

Plus, I agree with Grandslammer on the rotation ..... indeed an elderly gent with walking stick ......

which in itself is quite ironic considering the pre-birth impression which I got from viewing the original to the rotation :eek:

Well done :clap:

Cheers

Dawn :)

Here is an idea, why not start a thread dedicated to show off Digital Art? There are so many stunning images it would be nice to view them in just one thread like there are for example for Landscape etc.

So who volunteers to throw in the hat first? :)

Amin

Phil, Rob, Trevor, Amin, many thanks for the positive comments

Dawn, I wondered when you were going to spot this one;)

Sometimes she is late spotting but when she does she makes sure the comment covers every single aspect of it :), well done Dawn and keep up the good work :)

:LOL: Mal, indeed this one slipped past my beady eye at first, but so glad I saw it, eventually :D

Sometimes she is late spotting but when she does she makes sure the comment covers every single aspect of it :), well done Dawn and keep up the good work :)

Awwwww, thanks Amin :hug2:

Cheers

Dawn :)

Back