Digital camera magazine offer

They are now doing 5 issues for £5.00 with a free Hama Micro-Fibre Cleaning Cloth (the small pocket one with a neoprene cover and belt clip).

Just signed up for it myself.

Cheers for that, been after a cheap tripod for an off camera flash and £3 for 3 mags and a tripod is excellent value.

Tripod received on saturday 19th january, about 2 months before I'm due to get the first of my 3 mags. It's going to be spot on for off camera flash but I wouldn't use it for much more than that.

Last edited:
Direct Debit offer conditions apply ??

is there some small print that ties you into a 12 month contract ?
cant see them giving away a tripod worth 20 quid for only 3 quid without some sort of scam..

iv taken the chance as ive also got £7 back for using top cashback :) win win

How often do the issues come out? I'm guessing it's monthly at £21.49 every 6 issues?

Direct Debit offer conditions apply ??

is there some small print that ties you into a 12 month contract ?
cant see them giving away a tripod worth 20 quid for only 3 quid without some sort of scam..

No small print. I guess it's like most offers. They hope you'll forget to cancel and that's where they make the money.

I've done this subscription thing lots of times over the last 2 years with various magazines. Sometimes I do forget which is probably why it works!!

I got my issue today through the post by the way.

Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure the tripod was limited to the first 200 applicants???????:thinking:

Last edited:
Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure the tripod was limited to the first 200 applicants???????:thinking:

Cheers for your reply.
what ya bettin im number 201 :LOL:

ho well id best put a note on mi calendar then unless I like the mag when I get to read it.. :shrug:

Have you read the terms and conditions just to check?

Signed up today, when can the DD be cancelled to avoid the subscription carrying on past the £3 offer?

How do you cancel? Just cancel the direct debit or log onto their site etc?

the log on doesn't give any option however the terms and conditions state if you email them before you receive your last of the 3 copies they wont charge further :)

Great find thank you. Just took up the offer as I buy this mag every month anyway

I've done lots of these, you just cancel the DD with your bank as soon as the initial amount comes out, no need to tell the mag company.

One time I forgot and was charged 6 months subscription. One email sorted that out and had a partial refund (as I'd already received one extra mag).

They seem desperate to get new subs nowadays!

Hey dont knock it - im all for free (or seriously cheap) toys! lol :D

Last edited:
Nice.(y)
Having just got my dslr I was looking at getting a tripod. Bargain for £3!

Good work, needed small tripod for my X10 do we know if it was limited to the first 200, can't seem to access the deal now!

My tripod came on Saturday morning.

I was SERIOUSLY tempted to keep it for my holidays as it packs away very well and is very light. Comes with a little bag as well. I'm guessing that 90% of members here will find it too lightweight. I'm donating mine to my mate who is just starting out, although I do like it.

Jesus Quintana said:
My tripod came on Saturday morning.

I was SERIOUSLY tempted to keep it for my holidays as it packs away very well and is very light. Comes with a little bag as well. I'm guessing that 90% of members here will find it too lightweight. I'm donating mine to my mate who is just starting out, although I do like it.

Can I ask when you took this offer? I signed up a couple of days before posting on here but not received the tripod yet.

Can I ask a really silly question? (go easy I'm new to all this)

Do you need anything like an adaptor to use a tripod or do you get everything you need to screw a plate into the underside of your camera with the tripod?

Tempted to sign up to this.....

Intending to use the tripod, when I get it, for a stand for the flash.

Colin44 said:
Can I ask a really silly question? (go easy I'm new to all this)

Do you need anything like an adaptor to use a tripod or do you get everything you need to screw a plate into the underside of your camera with the tripod?

Tempted to sign up to this.....

A tripod will allow you to screw your camera to the top of the tripod. Moe expensive versions have quick release plates to allow you to remove the camera and use it hand held. This free tripod won't have that quick release.

But yeah you get everything with the tripod.

you can buy quick release adapters to go onto the tripos to make it a quick release type tripod like this one

I've not recieved my magazine or tripod, anyone else not ?

nothing here but if I remember i think they sent me an email saying i would rec the mag on 2nd feb nothing about the tripod tho..

Back