Digital Depot Feedback Please

Edit My Images
No
Dear Talk Photography Members

Im very interested in getting some feedback from everyone about Digital
Depot.

We are working very hard this year to be even better.

We recently won What Digital Camera Gold Award for Service so we must be doing something right. :)

We have 2 great showrooms with great stocks. Knowledgeable and friendly staff. Next day delivery service for Mail order and now a great Calender of Seminars and Workshops.

But what else would can we do?

I have received a few comments asking for a wide range of products so I would appreciate anyone to expand on this and tell me what they would like to see in our store.

This would really help me to get an idea of what people want and expect from a Digital Camera retailer and I would appreciate any suggestions or comments any of you have.

Please leave a comment on here or email me direct stuart@digitaldepot.co.uk

Thank you all in advance for any feedback you give.

Regards

Stuart Boston
Sales Director
Digital Depot

Well i ordered a lowepro fastpack 250 bag from there just over 2 weeks ago whilst in the warehouse dept, the young chap said it would take about 2 days and he would give me a call, after the second week i rang to ask what was going on and why he hadn't rang he said it had been dispatched last Thursday so it should have been in the shop on Friday, but should be there by Monday(yesterday) at the latest,anyway after i spoke to him i ordered from Amazon.co.uk and it was delivered to me today, you may wonder why i ordered from Amazon after speaking to the assistant, well this was because i suspected he wouldn't call and i was right, reason being this is the 3rd time I've ordered gear and been told i would get a call and i never have.

On the same day as i ordered the bag i bought a lighting tutorial video and a Nikon 50mm lens cap to replace one i had lost (from the shop not the warehouse), when i got home i realised the young chap had given me the wrong size, i don't live near the shop i live in Milton Keynes, anyway took the cap back last week but forgot the damn receipt my own fault i guess, but i thought i might ask if he would exchange it anyway, NO sorry was the reply need the receipt,I've attended a couple of seminars there and purchased a fair bit of gear there in the past my last big purchase (well big to me)was a £560 lens, but I'm beginning to wonder about the place now, I'm not going to apologise about leaving bad feedback because that's what you should expect if you dish out bad service, if you haven't got or can't get items you have ordered the least you could do is give a courtesy call with some sort of explanation particularly to a regular cutomer (who perhaps won't be so regular in future) :(

...since you ask, you and I had a bit of a disagreement earlier this year as, I am sure you will remember, you kept dropping prices the day after I purchased from you. If I remember correctly it happened three times in as many weeks with 'weekend offers'. Each time I'd ask if this was likely to be in the next offer, each time I was told it was not. When we had our email thread your offer to put things right was less than I lost on the last purchase.

Whilst I am happy to pay a slight premium for items from bricks & mortar, I don't want my nose rubbing in it. Sad really as I did a few courses with you that I really enjoyed.

Despite your assurances (several of them) that I would be finally dropped from the mailing list, I note that I still get them (I'm sure I can forward some to you if there is any doubt).

Hopefully you were expecting the rough with the smooth? I am sure that you'll get some good endorsements from the forum.

Chris

I have attended a few courses, well 2. A portrait course quite a while back, and a glamour course in June. No problem. I also, with some other TP members, used your studio for a day. No problem.

I have no issues I can think of. Most of the courses don't appeal to me at the moment as I'm a working tog, but no earning a huge fortune from it. If I had a day job, and more spare time, then some of the courses would perhaps appeal to me.

The studio has gone back to a reasonable price for what it offers. Would be nice to have barn doors, and a non-reflective black background (velvet), in the studio. If I use the studio in the future which is highly likely, I will take my own velvet background along with me.

Just on another note regarding the courses, i attended two of them which i quite enjoyed, although on one of them the person taking the course was an hour late, it was supposed to have been 10am till 4pm but ended up being 11am till 4pm not quite sure whose fault it was why he was late but at £99 for the day i expected to be offered some sort of refund or even maybe a discount from a future course, because as far as I'm concerned that's an hours worth of tuition gone down the Swanee which i paid for.

Well i ordered a lowepro fastpack 250 bag from there just over 2 weeks ago whilst in the warehouse dept, the young chap said it would take about 2 days and he would give me a call, after the second week i rang to ask what was going on and why he hadn't rang he said it had been dispatched last Thursday so it should have been in the shop on Friday, but should be there by Monday(yesterday) at the latest,anyway after i spoke to him i ordered from Amazon.co.uk and it was delivered to me today, you may wonder why i ordered from Amazon after speaking to the assistant, well this was because i suspected he wouldn't call and i was right, reason being this is the 3rd time I've ordered gear and been told i would get a call and i never have.

On the same day as i ordered the bag i bought a lighting tutorial video and a Nikon 50mm lens cap to replace one i had lost (from the shop not the warehouse), when i got home i realised the young chap had given me the wrong size, i don't live near the shop i live in Milton Keynes, anyway took the cap back last week but forgot the damn receipt my own fault i guess, but i thought i might ask if he would exchange it anyway, NO sorry was the reply need the receipt,I've attended a couple of seminars there and purchased a fair bit of gear there in the past my last big purchase (well big to me)was a £560 lens, but I'm beginning to wonder about the place now, I'm not going to apologise about leaving bad feedback because that's what you should expect if you dish out bad service, if you haven't got or can't get items you have ordered the least you could do is give a courtesy call with some sort of explanation particularly to a regular cutomer (who perhaps won't be so regular in future) :(

UPDATE

And surprise surprise, another week on and still no phone call from DD :thumbsdown:

I must admit having spent a significant amount of money with them 3 bodies, several lenes etc. They have never called me when I have ordered things in fact twice didn't even order them until I chased them up.

When I bought the last body (canon 40d) from them, they disputed the price elsewhere and were very rude, I would have bought elsewhere but it was the last day of the cashback from canon.

They need to think customer service if they wish to survive.

I must admit having spent a significant amount of money with them 3 bodies, several lenes etc. They have never called me when I have ordered things in fact twice didn't even order them until I chased them up.

When I bought the last body (canon 40d) from them, they disputed the price elsewhere and were very rude, I would have bought elsewhere but it was the last day of the cashback from canon.

They need to think customer service if they wish to survive.

Yet I've always had good service when I've been in there. :thinking:

they disputed the price .

They did this to me with a Nikon 18-200mm VR lens, when i tried to get an internet price match, i bought from them grudgingly purely for conveineince because i wanted it for that weekend, infact they have never price matched for me, but they do tend to be cheaper than Jessops, but as far as customer service goes they are some of the worst i've come across.

DD is my local camera shop, infact it's a 5 minute walk from my door and whenever I have been to them to either buy or test something they have always been very friendly and helpful.

When we bought our 400D Jessops were doing a discount on it and we let the guy serving us know. He came back a minute later and said 'fine we can do that', I was expecting a little fight to get the discount but it was as simple as that (and we saved ourselves about £50).

The only slight issue I have with them is they place themselves as an online store with an outlet, but their prices are not quite as good as a lot of the online stores and more on a par with Jessops etc.

Oh and the floor in the shop always gets me, it's a bit undulatory to say the least :LOL:

reading these reports have made me slightly nervous...i ordered from them yesterday,and was told the item was in stock and would be sent out that day,and i should get it by wednesday(tomorrow).i hope this is the case.

I am sure that you'll be fine. I find it sad that I cannot buy from them anymore as their shop is interesting and full of good stuff - just the way they did their marketing worked against me too often.

Pretty sad also that Stuart, despite starting the thread, has not seen fit to defend DD.

Chris

Interesting reading, this one. I always try and keep an eye on threads that review dealers and to begin with, thought it was refreshing to see a dealer ask for feedback on here. Not something you see a lot do.

Although I am dissapionted to see that the OP has not responded to any comments made, a shame really as I think that looks worse than not asking at all. To ask for comments then seemingly ignore them doesn't do much to show customer awareness and customer interest.

JMO anyways.

Rob

Although I am dissapionted to see that the OP has not responded to any comments made, a shame really as I think that looks worse than not asking at all. To ask for comments then seemingly ignore them doesn't do much to show customer awareness and customer interest.

JMO anyways.

Rob

It might be that they thought they were not going to get any feedback as the original thread was posted in February 2007 and the first feedback in September 2008, over 18 months later.

A point I had completely overlooked Kerioak, well spotted.

well,i've just picked up my teleconverter from the post office...they tried to deliver it yesterday,but got no answer(even though we were in:shrug:)and the card they normally leave was delivered today,so i should have had it yesterday,meaning i could have recieved it in around 18 hours from ordering it.so,my first experience of digital depot is a very good one,and can only leave a positive comment about them.purchasing from them also saved me about £60 on other dealers prices,so a BIG (y) to digital depot :clap: :clap: :clap:

Back