Digital lens on a full frame body (10-20 fun)

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
So while my 10D is in the shop getting a new spoiler I thought I'd revisit film. Now I love my Sigma 10-20mm but its designed for a 1.6x sensor, or is it? Well it is. At 10mm you get this;

106488761_4f5480d082_o.jpg

However at 13mm you get this;

106488802_0171f30197_o.jpg

Idea. Its not as bad at 13mm. I doubt you'd even see the lens during gigs, which I hope to try on Friday using Ilford 3200. I'm off to Snowdon tomorrow with some new film so today I decided to go for a walk around Liverpool. With some cropping and tweaking I was able to remove the lens for the most part. It was nice to be out on a sunny day with a "compact" camera (no battery grip) just taking some shots. Been a while since I just wandered.

wide19.jpg

wide20.jpg

wide21.jpg

Phew Pete ... and there's us all feeling sorry for you !?!

Looks like you had a ball and re-invented yourself to a degree ... every cloud has one don't it ?

BTB like most of these ! Day well spent - I wish ...

some crackers there pete, really like the feel of these, did you enjoy taking them?

Venomator said:
Phew Pete ... and there's us all feeling sorry for you !?!

Looks like you had a ball and re-invented yourself to a degree ... every cloud has one don't it ?

BTB like most of these ! Day well spent - I wish ...

Hehe yer I bought the camera as a backup and cos I really like the feel of film. Just hardly use it cos I have digital and its costs money.

Matty said:
some crackers there pete, really like the feel of these, did you enjoy taking them?

Hell ya! Was great to just wander around town not a care in the world simply looking for the next shot. Its a lot scarier though as you have no idea if anything is working as you'd hoped.

Bus stop for me I think, really nice shot. The not knowing is part of the magic though, for me anyway.

Good to see someone using film too. It's a dying art you know ;)

So where'd you get them processed Pete - somewhere quick on the high street?

CT said:
So where'd you get them processed Pete - somewhere quick on the high street?
Yer Boots 1hr processing with photo cd for £6.99.

Cool! Glad it's not put you out of commission then. I'm really gonna get my A1 out soon just for the buzz.

Mybe we should have a little 'TPF' mini challenge....... Shoot 1 roll of 35mm, don't post process and post the best 3. Should sort the men from the boys ;)

LOL. That could be some good fun! :D I could lie about the processing anyway. ;)

Very good - like #3 and #7 in particular, the perspective makes it look like a building straight out of Gotham City or something - very imposing.

Good to see nothings getting you down despite the aggro with the 20D:thumb:

I've got Ilford 3200 and Provia 100f at the mo and I'll be shooting snow tomorrow and a gig on Friday, hopefully :) I'm up for it.

OK I'll definitely do it in the next few days - been threatening long enough! :D

Ok then, I'm out clubbing on saturday night and south wales on sunday, so will run a couple of films through the knackered minolta and the the contax. Might even give the fisheye jobby a bit of exercise too!

I know the boots scans onto cd are lo-rez pete (72dpi?), but were these posts direct from that or scanned negs? I've got access to a scanner but may take a while to get them done!

These shots were taken from the Boots cd. You can see the level of post processing I've applied by comparing them to the top 2 images which are untouched straight from the CD.

Boots processing is better than a good many in fairness, but I'd say you'll struggle to resist post processing them.

Could be good for a giggle ... but based on the little lot above we should exclude Pete - he is too damn good and he's been practicing ... perhaps he could be the judge ? Would then have to be anonymous postings to avoid favouritism - e-mail through Admin perhaps (sorry Matty - know you're racked out !). :innocent:

Hmmm ... goes beyond fun then doesn't it ! Ignore me ... I will fade into the b&wground ! :laugh1:

:getmecoat

Shots #3 and #5 = Amazing!

I can see both featuring in some sort of magazine :)

Ed :)

shots 3# 5# and 7# for me. excellent:thumb:

Back