Digital Rev in 5D3 serial no. controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think people here realise that DR is not just an online company, they are a brick and mortar company too, I've been to one of their shops in Hong Kong, funnily enough, situated at Victoria Peak! Not exactly a place known for cameras.

Last edited:
My camera has been picked up today and on its way back to DRev for rectification will keep you posted on status. So far DRev have been really good in communicating and endeavouring to solve the problem and have promised to have to my camera or a new one if mine is not fixed, dispatched by the 13th December at the latest.

Wolfy

They could be however DRev have given me assurances the camera is new and I have no reason to doubt them as my shutter count was significantly lower than Simons. In Simons case however he had a major difference in shutter count which was odd to say the least, however DRev have promised Simon a new body which hopefully will be dispatched shortly.

Interesting that dr took action after Matty contacted them. The power of forums?

Whatever was in the exif doesn't explain a counterfeit label.

The serial no. On both the box label and camera label matches, however the exif data shows the in camera serial as different. Also as stated the official label on the base of the camera looks to be counterfeit!

Interesting that dr took action after Matty contacted them. The power of forums?

I'd like to think so. :)

Whatever was in the exif doesn't explain a counterfeit label.

so the exif serial number and the label on the bottom of the camera/box label is different? Although it is believed that the label on the camera is counterfeit. Very odd.

supplier issues, apparently.

Just reading on potn forums and somebody in Australia has a D600 with the serial no. Issue supplied from hong kong, makes you wonder if this is normal practice in the Asia market and some are slipping through with increase demand from Europe, us and Australia! Does not state yet if the agent has been named.

Well my camera is now back with DRev and was signed for overnight, was only picked up at 15:30 on Thursday so have to say looks like the quick delivery service works both ways! Will update as soon as i hear anything on the service.

Wolfy!

Looks as though the issues are being resolved albeit after a potentially costly delay - let's hope that this is just an isolated case of a 'bad apple' in the employment/supply chain and not a direct reflection on any of the Far East companies or UK importers that so many do business with.

If DRev come up trumps with my rectification I will have no hesitation using them again. From what I have been told this is not a DRev issue and in my case so far they have been transparent and communication has been very good.

If DRev come up trumps with my rectification I will have no hesitation using them again. From what I have been told this is not a DRev issue and in my case so far they have been transparent and communication has been very good.

Not sure if i would be happy with anything other than a replacement....

I thought the same however the camera is showing no signs of a fault and DRev have offered to put the serial issue right. I think it only right to give them a chance to do this. Some may feel this is lenient or soft but i see it as fair.

Bet you cant wait to get it back in your hands, thats a nice new toy for xmas! Good luck.

You bet I can't wait, just have to trust DRev will deliver which I have no reason to doubt they will not.

I thought the same however the camera is showing no signs of a fault and DRev have offered to put the serial issue right. I think it only right to give them a chance to do this. Some may feel this is lenient or soft but i see it as fair.

Have you had any kind of guarantee from DR that the camera you bought was actually brand new and not a refurbished item? Considering the evidence suggests that they don't even know the true source of these cameras how can they?

Last edited:
graphilly said:
Have you had any kind of guarantee from DR that the camera you bought was actually brand new and not a refurbished item? Considering the evidence suggests that they don't even know the true source of these cameras how can they?

Yes I have been assured the camera is new and not refurbished. After investigation DRev are also aware of the source of the issue and stems back to a local supplier. As it stands I have no reason to doubt what they say and so far I have been dealt with very well. I have to say though that until my camera is back the jury is out and I am not settled!!!

What was that you mentioned earlier about FUD? :nono:

no its not, its a general question, if they all use the same supplier then are they all getting the same problems?

its nice of Simon to come back and update...oh wait he didnt. You're welcome.

oh great thats ok then.

oh wait..we dont all use POTN...

mind the doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back