Digital Rev

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I'm tempted to order from them but have always been a bit wary of the grey market especially from stores based abroad. I am sure they are legit but wonder about warranty arrangements and how easily sorted these things are in practice. Does any0one have experience and if so how quickly and especially how effectively were problems or repairs resolved?

I'm wondering if HDEW might be a better bet if using grey goods. They are UK based and use reputable UK authorised repair centres

What do you reckon?

Thank you

Last edited:
DigitalRev also use UK authorised repair centres ... Panamoz use Nikon London.

Any retailer (even more so with grey importers) should be geared up correctly for warranty repairs as this is a good gauge for people deciding to buy from them again and repeat business is key to a companies success.
I googled around before buying a lens from e-infinity and I didn't come across any 'nightmare' reports on warranty repairs and I'd happily buy from them again.
The only downside is the lack of extended manufacturer warranties when buying from a grey importer but modern electronics is generally very reliable so I think the savings that can be made are worth the risk.

The only downside is the lack of extended manufacturer warranties when buying from a grey importer but modern electronics is generally very reliable so I think the savings that can be made are worth the risk.
Panamoz do 3 years transferable warranty which is the exception to the rule.

Panamoz do 3 years transferable warranty which is the exception to the rule.

Ah yes I'd forgotten they do that that but they tend to be more expensive, swings and roundabouts in my oppinion but that's down to the individual (y)

Thanks chaps. I'm pretty tempted by the idea. I might give Digitalrev or e-infity a go. I imagine the return price is steep so you need to be pretty sure you want the item. HDEW give a3 year authorised repair centre UK warranty mind you but are a bit more expensive. I don't know

Yes there's a few now. I saw your link to e-infintiy, BTW Darran and it's a great price :)

Last edited:
Well I spoke with HDEW today and they seem like a good company. They were very helpful and so I ordered the Canon 400 f5.6L from them. I was tempted to add a 1.4 EX III to the order but decided not to until I heard from people here how this lens performed with it. I will start another thread on this topic in the relevant section.

Back