Beginner Digital SLR recommendations

Name
Kerry
Edit My Images
Yes
I currently have a bridge camera which has its limitations, I am looking to upgrade to a SLR with a budget of up to £600 and would be grateful for any advise or recommendations.
Thanks

Hi Kerry,

What are you looking to gain from an SLR that you feel is missing on your current camera? Perhaps if you can tell us a little more then we can make better recommendations for you.

Camaeras to look at in within your budget would be Canon 750d, canon 760d , Nikon D5300 , Nikon D5500. You might also want to consider mirror-less inter changeable lens cameras such as the Olympus OMD EM5 II , EM 10 II , Fuji XT10 or XE2s.
There are so many options within your budget that knowing your requirements would help to narrow down the options.

Best of luck.
David

As above, what are you wanting from a camera, what type of shots do you want to take, is size/weight a factor?

On top of the above, a good thing to do is go to a shop and handle the different cameras. All modern cameras are more than good enough but some you will like the feel of and be intuitive and others won't - this is much more important when choosing a camera than pouring over specifications.

When I first got into photography I studied all the reviews, did lots of reading and went to the shop certain I was going to get a Canon. I ended up buying a Nikon because it felt better in my hand and the menus were more intuitive to me.

A camera that doesn't feel right will probably put you off photography before you get started.

Back